Newspaper in the bush?

***

Lexis Pov

5..4....3..2......1

YES!!
It's officially summer, which means long days hot nights and Netflix!. Aka my boyfriend.

Yes me and Netflix have been together for about.. two years...it's kinda serious.

"Morgen! " I yelled running to great my best friend.

"Lexi!" She screamed running to me.

"Lexi! I haven't seen you for like an hour!" She said dramatically.

"I know right!" I gasped. We both fell on the ground laughing our ass's off, ignoring the weird looks we got from people.

"You know lex..I'm really gonna miss you during the summer" she said seriously.

Sadly Morgan spends most of her summer on holiday. While I spend my time with.. Netflix.

"I know, I wish your mum would just let you stay here" I said sadly.

"Or let you come with me" she mumbled.

Yes life is very unfair. But I do not let the fact my best friend leaving me. Get me down.

No way Nuh uh I persevere and push past this short time of disappointment, because I know de-

Woahhh Lexi's thoughts. Take the cliché down a couple notches.

Anyway despite morgen leaving, I am totally looking forward to sleeping in, swimming jogging. Everything I can't do in the winter.

And my mum, I don't see her much so seeing her a little more often will be nice.

And... yeah I got nothing else that's good about summer.
I mean, it's not like I can make plans
Like I see other girls doing because unlike me. They have boyfriends, and best friends who don't have to leave the country every summer. And lives.

But then again I have a life too... just kidding I'm just trying to tell myself that. Trying to make myself believe I'm not actually a sad and lonely person.

As you can as it's not working.

But it's fine, I'll just let my "boyfriend " fill that gap, yeah you know what I mean, we're gonna have a late night in together. Never leave the bedroom.

You know what I'm talking about?

Yeah okay.. I really need to get a life.

***

"Morgen, I don't think-

"No just listen! It will be perfect! "

" I just don't think so" I said slamming the door.

"No Wait! Just l-

"I'm done listening, I've gotta go. Okay?"

"Fine, why do you gotta leave so early anyway?" She asked

Obviously to fight off the aliens that are taking over the world Duh!

She's asked me that all day, and it's the same answer every time.

"For the sixth time. Because I promised my mum I'd be home early" I said