Chapter 9: Temptations

The morning sun pours, selfishly through the parted curtains and penetrates straight through my closed eyelids, giving me no option but to cautiously peel them open, shocking myself in the process of doing so with how calmly I react to finding a strong, manly arm wrapped protectively around my waist; firmly indicating at, yet another drunken mistake.

I seriously need to stop drinking Vodka if this is what it leads to every time.

With the sudden realisation that I'm in my own bedroom, which, in turn, puts me at an immediate disadvantage; preventing myself the luxury of leaving while applying the possibility of an awkward exchange, I sigh, thinking about the very prospect of having to participate in forced pleasantries with a complete stranger, who I had drunken sex with.
Quick to disregard my ever impending thoughts, I take a deep, calming breath in and I encourage myself to act like the mature twenty one-year-old I claim to be, while slowly twisting my body around only to have said maturity fly straight out the window as soon as I lock eyes onto non other than Aidan fucking Richards.
His sleeping body is casually resting next to mine, propped up on top of the covers and although fully clothed, his navy blue shirt has risen up slightly, offering me a delightful view. With a thin strip of skin on show, along with a tiny trail of dark hair that I notice disappears below the waistband of his jeans, I feel like the universe is both taunting me and punishing me in equal measures.

"Oh, shit." I shout, leaping from my bed, unable to filter my thoughts and instead, opting out for expressing my utmost disapproval at the situation.

Aidan's eyes quickly snap open and although he's quite clearly disorientated at first, an unknown expression clouds his facial features as he desperately gives my entire body the once over, seeming to be in physical pain while doing so. With his gaze scanning my every last inch, I'm suddenly made aware of a chill that runs across my skin, hinting at my lack of clothing, and as I allow my hesitant eyes to inspect the issue, sure enough I'm clad out in only my bra and pants.

Mortifying horrified at my close to naked state, I instinctively cover myself up, which I understand is completely ridiculous when considering mine and Aidan's history.

He has seen me naked on countless occasions and probably knows my body better than I do, myself.

"Shit, Amelia I didn't mean to scare you." insists Aidan, pulling me from my thoughts and, once again, bringing my attention to his fully dressed attire. "Are you okay?"

"Aidan, what the hell? Why am I half naked and you're not?" I ask, my voice resembling that of a high pitched, pathetic squeak, as I oh-so-desperately try to wrap my head around last nights events.

"Should I be?" he teases, choosing to ignore my obvious distress and humouring me instead.

I quickly grab a T-shirt from the back of my chair and ungracefully shove it over my head, somewhat satisfied with my, now, semi acceptable state of dress.

"No you shouldn't be and neither should I. So what the hell?" I snap, pleading for my question to be answered, already annoyed at his cocky attitude.

He slowly rubs his hands over his exhausted looking face, before running them through his slightly tousled hair, inviting me to stare at his muscles as they flex and bulge under his shirt.

"You got drunk and passed out in my arms, so I brought you home. You threw up a little and I didn't want to leave you, just in case." he explains, both easing my mind and warming my heart at his kind intentions.