Chapter 20 - Is this love?

Conor's P.O.V.

Me, Wendell and Franklin sat down infront of the stage and the host walked out and said they'd continue with the last contests now. I noticed Ashley's face peaking out from behind the curtains. We got eyecontact for a few seconds until she turned around and got back behind the curtains.

"So here they are, our last competers. Zoe, Leah and Ashley!" The host said and everyone started to clap.

I watched Ashley and her friends walk out on the stage and got in their start positions. The music which was hold it against me by Britney Spears started to play and the girls began to dance. (A/N: In the video above from 2.53 Sophie is dancing with two other girls in real life. This is part of the choreography that Ashley, Zoe and Leah is doing in this story)

I watched them dancing and they were really good, especially Ashley. I couldn't take my eyes off her. The way she moved her body and danced with such passion. It really amazed me. I also felt my heart skip a beat and I felt a weird and new feeling. I thought of what Erica had said back on the gaming contest. That I like Ashley. Looking at her dancing made me realize how beautiful she actually is and that Erica was right. I do like her, way more than I ever thought. I started to imagine how it would be if she was my girlfriend and I really liked the thoughts. There's only one problem though, I don't know if she feels the same.

They finished dancing and everyone cheered and clapped loudly. I smiled at Ashley and she smiled back at me before running backstage with Zoe and Leah. Then it was a little break because the judges had to pick the winners.

When they had decided all the teams walked up on the stage and the host told them which three teams that was in top 3. Ashley's team was one of those three and then they announced the third place. The team who came third got their prize and now it stood between Ashley's team and another team. One of them would get in first place and one would come in second place.

"And the winners is....." The host began.

There was a minute of silence before he continued.

"Zoe, Leah and Ashley!" He shouted.

I stood up and cheered like the rest of the audience. Ashley and her friends hugged and got their prize.

"Go Ashley!" I shouted and she noticed and smiled at me widely.

After they had taken some pictures they got off the stage. I ran to the scene which Ashley came running down from. She attacked me in a hug and I spun her around.

"Congratulations Ash! You were so amazing!" I said and smiled as I put her down.

"Thanks Con, I really appreciated that you came to support me" She said and smiled back.

"Of course I'd be here! You're my best friend" I said and smiled.

Ashley giggled and I just stared at her. I had just realized something I should have realized much earlier. I'm in love with my best friend.