1: He Really is Beautiful

Mikey my lil kitty <3

Playlist (I'm making one for every chapter, so it won't be a lot):

- Karma Chameleon by Culture Club
- Cancer by My Chemical Romance (or tøp don't shoot me pls; I love that version okay)
- Follow You Down by Shinedown
- Save Tonight by Eagle-Eye Cherry

-

Michael sits outside, not twenty one feet from his aunt's house, sprawled out on the soft, cool grass.

His home is in the grass- he feel so much better in the woods than with other people.

His mom is the same way, but she's recovering from cancer. Michael has his school permit but he only has a month until he gets his full license. It would make everything so much more convenient if he could've had it three months ago. Then he could have driven his mom places and gone to the woods, even late at night.

The boy with feathers in his hair smiles up at the sky, existing with the birds and the air.

He picks a few more flowers from next to him, tying them together. He pulls the tobacco (ceremonial tobacco) from his front pocket, sprinkling on where the flowers once resided, thanking Earth for her gifts.

As he finishes the flower crown in his hands, he sings quietly to himself. "Karma Karma Karma Karma Karma Chameleon. You come and go, you come and go. Lovin' would be easy if your colors were like my dreams. Red, gold and green, red, gold and green."

He smiles at his creation, transferring positive energy from his hands into the flowers. That way, when he leaves it at the new boy's doorstep, he'll feel good when he picks it up.

Hopefully he likes flowers, Michael thinks. If he doesn't, well, that's okay. Not everyone enjoys the same things. At least he tried to send the welcoming feeling.

Tomorrow is the first day of school. Michael will be a junior, which sucks because his only friend- Calum- will be a senior. Plus, Calum has a college boyfriend who's three years older (Calum's parents were skeptical of their relationship at first, but Ashton's a real sweetheart). They do hang out with Michael as much as they can, but he never likes to keep them too long in case they're doing it out of pity.

Michael does know he is safe from bullying, though, since he is known as the little brother-from-another-mother of Calum Hood- the one known as the football captain with a muscular college boyfriend.

So, really, this year won't be too bad people-wise. He's pretty good at school-work, so that would be a huge help. Now it's just sleeping, eating, and procrastinating that he needs to work on.

Michael really thinks school is stupid. The whole idea is beyond terrible. Michael would rather go to juvy; at least the people there might have something in common with him.

The green-eyed boy sighs, forcing himself to get up when his stomach starts to twist. Black creeps up quickly into his vision so he holds his arms out to steady his body until it goes away.

Michael can't really eat. The only foods that don't hurt his stomach are fresh fruit, vegetables, and some bread. He is most likely lactose intolerant or allergic to something, but the doctors haven't been a really big help. Plus, he doesn't eat meat.

It's been interesting.

Michael sighs as his screen door closes behind him and he faces his enemy.

Eating is stupid- he'd much rather be able to get energy from the sun or something.

But he encourages himself to make toast, just because it would make his mom happy.