He shook his head no. "Thats my big brother's people. I was with my homeboy Rambo."He said to me.

"Well, I hope Rambo taught you about physical education while you were out ther because you do need a gym credit to graduate."I stood up from the bench with a smirk.

"Man, I know what I'm doing, have a bit of faith in me."

"I do. Just wish that you would have fufilled the whole day."I walk along side of him looking before me to make sure I don't accidentally walk into someone. New Orleans is a small town but packed with so many people that you were bound to bump into someone even if you were trying to avoid it.

"Tomorrow I got you and thats a promise." He rested his arm around my shoulder.

"Don't let me down Aven."

"I won't, now on to better things. What you want from this store?"He pointed at the small bodega that I made my mission to always avoid on my trench home.

The scenery of the thugs that stood at the entrance always put a bit of fright into me. Anything could happen at that small bodega at the cause of the amount of hoodlums that does their 'business' there. I would hate to be stuck in the crossfire of a stray bullet. "Umn, nothing. I never really go to that store. I usually go to the one around the way closer to my place."I explained to him reluctantly walking towards the bodega.

"Chill out, you to over the edge. I just need to buy a few things then we out and I walk you home."

I hesitantly agreed following him to the front of the bodega. Guys stood with their apparel almost in uniform. Their jeans sagged from their waist, however the loops of their jeans were occupied by designer belts, they didn't take use of them properly. Some wore black tees while others wore white blending in to one whole posse.
I made sure to keep my eyes below me in hopes to not cause an up fire of tension because they thought I looked at them wrongly or for to long. I felt eyes peering upon me causing me to think of one of two things that may be going on, they know this isn't my type of environment or they were probably lusting over me in the disgusting manner like multiple men would at a teenage girl. I clung harder towards Aven as we finally reached the inside of the small bodega. I let out a sigh of relief that I've been holding in ever since Aven mentioned going to the store as we stepped inside.

It's kind of nerve wrecking thinking of the possibilities that may happen just by stepping in the perimeter of the store that was mostly occupied by hoodlums.

Following Aven towards the back where the refreshments were organized in refrigerators I watched as he scanned the variety of cold drinks looking for one that sparked his interest. Finally deciding on one, he grabbed a can of orange pop. He looked over at me in reference of offering to buy me one. I shook my head no politely declining.

He then walked the aisle scoping for something else. Landing his eyes upon different bags of chips he grabbed three different bags. Finally wrapping up his search to find something to settle his hunger, we made our way towards the clerk to pay his fees. I walked beside him ready to head out of this risky location. Aven handed the cash that was asked before heading out with his bagged items.

Stepping out the door most eyes were planted on us again. I stood closer next to Aven practically walking under him. We walked along the cement quickly growing a distance between the bodega.

"You straight?"Aven asked cracking open his bag of crisp.

"I'm fine."I shook my head."I just never really went in there. I just don't feel safe there."I shrugged.

He laughed lightly finding my overly cautious ways amusing. I just can't help it. I've always avoided that bodega and to go in there for the first time in my life brought me a little the over edge. "I told you, you'a be fine. I aint no big dude but I aint gone let nothin' happen to you bruh."He smiled towards me.