The Results

Assalam'u'Alaikum,

So, this is it - the end of the very first contest by the Muslim Community, AlhamduliAllah - and we couldn't be prouder (sniff, sniff) Before we go on and tell you the results, we must say that we are very impressed by your entries. You all are great writers but then, there has to be a greatest. And you'll find it who soon enough...

As previously explained, there will only be a winner and a runner-up; we eliminated the third prize because of lack of entries (it hurts our hearts to say this I am sorry) But on the bright side, we have special mentions.

So here we go...the winner of this contest is (dramatic background sound) (dun, dun, dun)....

WRITE FOR ALLAH by Shimmering_Stars97

Congratulations, lovely, you officially won the first ever contest hosted by us, Masha Allah.

The reason we chose her as a winner was not only because of her high points (that is, 17.5 on 20) but because her poem gave a very positive and motivational message to all of us. It was a wonderful piece to read and the verses and Hadith at the start increased our knowledge. All in all, it was the best entry we received. You can read it on her profile or in the next chapter which we'll post tomorrow, Insha Allah.

Okay, so in all honesty, the winner was pretty easy to choose. She immediately landed with the highest marks but as for the runner-up...actually, three of you tied with respect to points. Don't let that get you excited, though; we only chose one. Our basis of judgement was the interest we developed while reading your piece and if it blew us away or not - so, the runner-up with (16 on 20 points) is:

MET TO PART by Maryam_Bint_Imran

Congratulations to you too, dear. We loved your piece - what really made us choose you was not just your grammar or your creativity but your writing style. The way you wrote it was excellent and the flow was incredible - I have a hard time trying to flow my stories nicely so I was pretty impressed by your piece. And then, there were some lines in between that would just blow the reader off. All in all, you deserved it, Masha Allah.

And then, the special mentions:

The best creativity award goes to HIS DEED by Muslimah350. Your story was definitely the most unique!

The best cover and best grammar was found in THE BATTLE WITHIN, EternalNoor's story. The cover is really beautiful - all of you should check it out!

So with that, we end this contest. I hope all of you are satisfied and if you wish to know your marks or get some advice from us (not that we're professionals or anything), you're most welcome to do so. PM us here or on our personal accounts; we'll respond soon, Insha Allah.

For the winner and the runner-up, please send me your entries either through emailing us at wonder2000/live.co.uk (not putting the at sign because it says I have to mention a user) or linking us to your DOCUMENT on PM/twitter. Also, for the runner-up, tell us which story do you want us to vote for.

The prizes will be delivered soon, hopefully during this week, Insha Allah.

So that's that - we'll see you soon, Insha Allah, some other time with some other contest. But for now, have a nice day and may God bless you all,

Thank you for bearing with us,

Rida & Zikra