Deadline; extended

Salam,

Hope y'all are doing well and all set and ready for Eid'ul'Adha, which is pretty near. Time passes so quickly, doesn't it? But it shouldn't pass too quickly, should it? How else will you write for this contest, then?

Okay, so there's one good news and another bad one.

The good news is that the deadline has been extended to 8th September, 2016 (the actual one). The other lenient deadline is on 10th September, after which no entry will be accepted (hopefully)

The bad news is that the number of entries we have as of now is rather disappointing. We're so hyped up for the contest and ready to judge but we need something to read. Come on - give us something to awe over. Aren't the prizes tempting enough? (I'm hoping they are)

So you have eleven more days to work on your entry - go ahead and write, write, write, I don't care if you chop your heads off in the process. (I advise you not to do so, though) Think of it this way - not only will you be writing something (which is a prize in itself if you love writing like a lot us do), you will also be giving the Muslim Community good content to read. And a lot us like to stick to short stories or poems or anything that's short basically (which is the requirement of the contest) because of our busy schedules. So you just might (Insha Allah) be able to build a bigger reader base than you did before. Does this sound appealing yet? If not - well, then, I need to learn to sweet-talk you in to doing this.

And remember - we're expecting a few more entries till 10th September, Insha Allah. Do you want to let your fellow Muslim sisters down? Do you, really, now?

Okay - so that was concerning the deadline. Another thing that we've noticed in the entries that we have received up till now is that, most of you have not followed the entry rules properly. We're not reading your entries until the deadline. So if you haven't followed any rule including the tag, (check the previous chapter), then do it now or marks will be deducted and someone else might win the contest even if your piece is better. So to say, rules are important and they must be followed. This includes the fact that your story must end with "and the moment had passed" or something similar - you can change how the sentence is phrased while keeping the context same, nothing further than that.

Moreover, be careful that while putting the tag, you copy it as it is. Do not change it or else we won't be able to find your entries. Do not change our usernames (Breathing_Ink and SomerHeart) or we won't be able to read your entries from our personal accounts. Follow the rules.

Moreover, after we're done judging your entries, we'll comment "done" on your entry. When we're finished reading all the entries, we'll post a chapter here, saying that we've finished judging. This will be a day or two before the announcement of the results so if your entry did not get the done comment (from either this account or our personal accounts) PM us, comment in this book, tweet us, kill us if you want to - but inform us that your entry hasn't been judged. This way, no entry will be missed.

That's about it - Jazak'Allah Khayran,

Spread the word and good luck!

Rida and Zikra