~Venilver~ The Hedgemink and the Shapeshifter

Art created by and credited to: Silver_The-Hedgehog
Idea by: Silver_The-Hedgehog

AN: Yes, Silver's a shapeshifter but it's KAWAII AF. DEAL WITH IT. 7-7
_______________________________

Silver watched his lover from the safety of a tree. The hedgie had taken on the form of a little silver bird. Venice, however, was enjoying the entire vanilla cake he'd just bought. "This is great." He said. Silver took this chance to flutter down to Venice. He landed beside Venice's cake, looking at him with his adorable birdie eyes. Venice looked over at the bird. "You better not take one peck at my cake." Silver then flew up into the air and landed on the ground beside him. He then returned his form to normal. "Hello." He spoke. Venice jumped and turned his head. "What the?! Weren't you just a bird?!" He asked bewildered. Silver giggled. "Yes I was, Mr. Grumpy." He joked. Venice glared. "Shut it Silver." Silver only laughed more. "Why didn't you ever tell me you could shapeshift?" Venice asked, his tone stern. "I didn't want you to think I was an abomination, or a freak..." Silver's ears lowered, as did his head. Venice was shocked. "Why would I ever think of you as a freak or abomination?" He asked, gently taking Silver's hand in his own. The other male shrugged slightly. "I dunno..." He trailed off. Venice opened his mouth to speak, but Silver interrupted. "Someone caught me morphing into a cat today and called me a freak of nature..." He said as a few tears begun to dance in the corners of his eyes. Venice was quick to wipe them away. "You're not a freak of nature. You're special." He told his lover. Silver shook his head. "No I'm not..." He replied sadly. "Yes you are. Everyone is special in their own way. I'm a hybrid, and you're a shapeshifter. It's a gift you should embrace Silver." Venice smiled softly. Silver broke out into tears, hugging Venice. "Thank you Veni..." He said through sobs. "You're welcome Silvy." He replied, hugging Silver back. The two hugged, before Silver pulled back and then pressed his lips to Venice's in a loving kiss. The hedgemink kissed his lover back. The duo spent the rest of the day hugging, kissing, cuddling and sharing cake.