~Sonadilver~ A Way With Words

Idea by: H_Mayes_C

Sonic ran down his hallway. His feet caused a loud THUMP to echo all 'round his and his buddies' house. When he reached his destination (the kitchen -_-) he grabbed a bowl, a cereal box, a spoon, and some milk. Once he got his cereal ready, he began to chow down. Once he finished, he heard light footsteps down the hall. Sonic turned his head to lock eyes with his buddy Silver. "Mornin' Silv!" He said cheerfully. "Good morning." Silver yawned. The younger male stood in the doorway, stretching for a couple seconds. He yawned once more before getting himself breakfast. Sonic watched his every move. To be honest, our fleet-footed hero had a thing for his two rivals, Shadow and Silver. A couple seconds later, Silver was levitating a spoonful of cereal into his mouth. Sonic watched casually. A third male entered the room, his red streaks standing out against his ebony fur. "Morning Shadow." Silver said. Said hedgehog just nodded, walking to the table. "Mornin Shads!" Sonic cheerfully said, knowing what Shadow's reaction to that would be. "Shut up Faker." There it is. Both Sonic and Silver chuckled. "Best way to start a day, huh Shads??" Sonic joked. Silver laughed and Shadow let out a 'meh'. Sonic chuckled.

Time Skip...

The trio was now currently wandering around in a field. 'This is it. This time, I'm gonna tell 'em how I feel.' Sonic thought. His face grew slightly pink. "Sonic? You feeling alright?" Came the soft voice of Silver. Sonic snapped out of his train of thought. "Huh? O-oh, yeah. I'm fine..." He answered. Silver didn't seem convinced. Maybe it was because he pulled the famous 'I'm fine' trick. This time, Shadow stepped in. "Sonic, you ok? Answer truthfully." He calmly, yet firmly, asked. "I'm alright, really. I'm just thinking about stuff." He answered. "What kind of stuff?" Silver asked. God he was so innocent. "Y'know...things." Sonic said. "It's complicated..." Silver just nodded in understanding. "I want an actual answer. 'Things' is not an answer, Faker." Shadow crossed his arms as he spoke. "Do ya both really wanna know...?" Sonic asked in a defeated way. "Yes." Shadow stated. Silver shot him a glare. "You can tell us if you feel like it. We won't force it out of you." He said sweetly. "Speak for yourself, kid." Shadow grumbled. Silver appeared to be getting quite angry at the ebony's actions. "Ok, I won't force it out of you." He said in a slightly more furious tone than before. Sonic smiled softly. "Thank you Silv." He said. "Anyways, this is for the both of you. Please don't hate me." Sonic took a deep breath. "I care a lot for the both of you. I'd blame myself for anything that would ever happen to you guys. I don't want you two to get hurt, ever." Shadow's stone hard gaze softened upon hearing those words exit the sapphire hedgehog's mouth. "And I wanted to say that I loved you guys. In more than a brotherly way. I want you two to be mine, please." Sonic finished. By then, Shadow lost his 'touch me and you die' glare. "Sonic, you really feel that way?" Shadow asked. "I do. I really do." Sonic said. "Well...the reason I hate you is because I love you too." The jet hedgehog said sheepishly, his face as red as his streaks. "Silver?" Sonic asked hopefully, looking at the younger male. He stood silently, processing the speech in his mind. (I mean, he uses his mind for everything. He's a psychic for crying out loud!) Once Silver finished processing, his face flushed a deep crimson, redder than Shadow's streaks, redder than Knuckles' fur. "Well?" Shadow prodded. "I, uh..." Silver began, twiddling with his fingers. "I love you too, Sonic." His voice was shaking a bit and he seemed nervous. Sonic only smiled and pulled the two males into a tight hug. Shadow didn't hesitate to hug him back. Silver waited a few seconds before hugging back also. Sonic felt loved and protected in their arms. "I'm glad you two feel the same way."

~The End~