24

Elisa's POV

I was currently at the airport waiting for a flight. My body felt weak and I knew that the only thing keeping me alive right now was my witch side. It also felt weak because I was so far away from Kol. My heart was missing a part of it and it broke me to know he was probably heartbroken without me.

As I waited for my flight number, I felt my phone vibrating. Hayley's name popped up on the screen, causing me to press the answer button quickly.

"Hey Hayley" I said joyfully, trying to creat a lighter mood. However, when I heard her huffing down the phone in panic, I could sense something was wrong.

"Thank god you answered. You need to come back to New Orleans now!" She rushed, causing me to feel my stomach tighten in fear. "Hayley what's happened?" I asked, concerned about why she sounded so worried.

"Marcel bit Kol and Elijah!"

I felt the world come crashing down and everything stop moving. My breathing became heavy as I realised Kol was going to die. I needed to see him, to help them. I couldn't leave knowing he was going to die broken hearted.

"ELISA?!"Hayley shouted down the phone, snapping me back to reality.

"I'm on my way" I said before hanging up. My flight number was called and I turned to the screen to see the plane was boarding. But there was no way that I was leaving without seeing the love of my life for possibly the last time.

------------------------
I rushed to the address Hayley texted me as fast as I could. New Orleans looked like it had become a war zone, which scared me. I rushed upstairs and into the apartment I was told to go to, and found Hayley, leaning against a wall worriedly. She looked at me and ran over, giving me a tight hug, I could feel her tears on my shoulder, but I also was struggling to hold in my own.

"I'm scared Elisa. I don't want to lose Elijah, Kol, Freya, Klaus, or you. And Rebekah's currently hexed and I'm scared of what she'll become. I can't do this alone" I pulled away and grabbed her cheeks. "Listen to me, Hayley. You're never alone. You'll always have Hope. And no matter what happens to me, I will always be here with you".

She nodded her head in understanding and backed away slightly. "How are you still alive? I thought the bite would have killed you by now?" She asked curiously. I showed her my wound so she could see that it was becoming infected and was going into my veins. "It's still infecting me. My vampire side is pretty much dead, but my witch side is still fighting. As long as my magic is in my body, I will be able to survive for a little longer" I explained.

Freya walked through the door and saw me, freezing slightly in disbelief. I realised my wound was still visible, and rolled down my sleeve, even though it was too late. "He bit you? Why didn't you tell us?" She asked.

I walked towards her and sighed. "I wanted to, but I was scared. Marcel made me an offering and I knew that if I refused to agree with him, he would kill me in front of Kol, I wouldn't have been able to deal with that" I said, looking at the wound she had. "I had to get away to protect Kol and this family, but now I see that no matter what, Marcel was never going to change his mind".

She nodded and pointed in the direction of Kol. I thanked her silently, preparing myself for what I was about to see.

I walked through the door and put my hand to my mouth in a gasp. There was Kol, laying on the sofa, with a bite in his neck. He was in obvious pain, and I could see he was struggling to breathe. I slowly walked beside him and leant over his figure, examining his features for what I felt would be the last time ever. Even though he was in pain and dying, he was still perfect. He was still mine.