Chapter 8

-I wrote this chapter ~A~

Dylan's POV

Dylan was deep in thought. He knew he was in the popular group but he didn't think that there was gossip about him.

The only gossip he had ever heard was about Harry Potter and his two best friends, Ron and Hermione. Those three always got into trouble.

Dylan didn't know all of the girls that followed him around but didn't expect them to be younger than him. He was in his fifth year when school was still on.

He thought they were all either in the fifth, sixth or a few in the seventh year.

The seventh years have him information, one also gave him some textbooks on a few subjects he could only learn in the seventh year.

Dylan loved that guy. His name was Derek and was clearly gay. Derek knew Dylan was at the top of his year, despite being in the popular group.

Even though there was a flock of girls following him, Dylan had never attached himself to any of them. He had kissed a few of them in private but they just didn't feel right to him.

They kept walking through the forest. Both of them kept quiet.

At what they guessed was midday, they made camp. Avelines started a fire and Dylan grabbed a throwing knife.

Dylan left the campsite and walked to a place that seemed un disturbed by human life.

The undergrowth was thick and Dylan struggled to pass it without making any noise. His leg got caught in a bramble but he luckily was wearing jeans so the thorns didn't cut his ankle.

When Dylan had found a clearing big enough for him, he lowered himself into a crouch. He could barely hear the distant crackling of the fire Aveline had started.

He was crouched down for ten minutes before he saw any forms of life. The first animal he saw was a sparrow. He decided to spare it's life for it was too small for both him and Aveline to eat.

His legs were getting uncomfortable when he found his prize. There was a rabbit who had started to eat a patch of dandelions only twenty feet from where he was hiding.

Dylan shifted a small amount so his arm could throw the knife in the correct direction. The rabbit looked up, it's nose twitching, but Dylan was downwind so his presence stayed hidden.

Dylan threw the knife with accuracy. The knife dug itself in the neck of the rabbit, killing it instantly.

Dylan walked over to his kill and picked it up by the ears, removing the knife. As he turned to go back to the camp he heard a noise.

It was the crack of a twig. As far as he knew, it could have been a wolf or some other predator that was waiting to kill this prey. Dylan had beaten them to it.

Just to be careful, Dylan made a detour to the camp. When he was halfway he went up and hid in a tree for a while, listening carefully.

Dylan couldn't hear anything so he jumped down and walked back to the campsite.

When he arrived, Aveline was tending the fire. The bags they had dropped were propped against a tree.