Waves, songs, and thoughts

Don't play the song until it get's mentioned! (The song is Budapest)

Mark's PoV:

As soon as Echo and Flower left the room and Jack went to sleep I open my eyes. Jack doesn't realize how much he means to me... I felt my thoughts drift away from the thought and back to my ex and I.

(This is in the past, before his ex was his ex) How I would hide under the dock when things got rough. No one could find me there, I felt like everything was gone when I was there, watching the waves roll in and out. I remember how my ex had found me walking away from the beach one time and had yelled at me for not telling him where I was. But I wanted to keep my hiding spot a secret, and my throat closed so all I could do was breath. I wouldn't be able to speak to anyone, even when I wanted to. I would look at the ground and slowly blink away as many tears as I could for as long as I could. Sometimes I hear him muttering to himself about me being a freak. The only thing I could think was, He doesn't know his ass from his head if he thinks he knows shit about me. As my mind once again wandered to that little spot under the docks, where I could see the sunset reflected in the water as the waves rolled in and out. The sight of the sunset reflected in the water imprinted in my mind. I look outside to see that if I rush I could still make it to that spot before sunset.

I look at Jack and see he's fast asleep. I slowly and gently get out from his grip and lay him down on the couch. I grab my phone and earbuds, starting the music. I grab my keys, shoving them in the pocket of my jacket that they had never taken off of me. I quickly and quietly walk out of the house, heading to that special spot. The song changes to 'Budapest' just as I arrive at my spot under the docks. I sit down, looking around at the empty, peaceful scenery. I watch as the sun slowly sets, my music playing in my ears.

I'd leave it all...

I remember running away from my family when my parents and brother would start arguing. I remember running from my ex when we were together, finding a quiet little spot that I could be alone at. But then there are my memories of leaving my past behind when I was with Jack at the amusement park. Leaving my memories of my family behind me so I could be happy with Jack on the ride that nearly scared me to death when I was younger. Jack grabbing my hand, smiling as he drags me not only towards the ride, but a little more out of this self-made cage I keep myself hidden in.

It maybe hard for you to stop and believe...

This cage I made for myself shuts all my friends, not wanting to believe, even after all these years, that my family's dead and the rest of my family have either abandoned me, or don't know what happened.

The list goes on...

Everything I think and feel has been added to this internal list of everything that's happened to me or that I've felt or thought. Before Jack, most of the time I had covered myself in this mask that I wasn't all messed up inside. My friends obviously saw the signs that the mask wasn't the real me. The gray glazing over my eyes with sadness, for one. The fact that I would stay away from anyone who wasn't a friend who knew me well. The fact that I wouldn't even SPEAK to anyone.

~time skip~

The sun disappeared over the horizon about 15 minutes ago. I continue listening to my music as I close my eyes. Before long I drifted off into sleep.

~time skip~

Jack's PoV:

I wake up to find I'm laying on the couch, Mark gone. Shit! "Mark!?" I call his name, hoping he'll respond. I hear someone walking down the stairs. I look at the stairs, hoping it was Mark, only to see Echo and Flower walking down tiredly.

"Why are you yelling so early in the morning?" Echo asks, yawning and stretching.

"Where's Mark?" I ask, worried and panicking about what he could be doing right now. Flower and Echo hear that and are almost immediately wide awake, their eyes wide, with almost identical looks on their faces. Flower looks around.

"His jacket, shoes, keys, phone and headphones are missing," she says, looking at us. I nod and quickly grab my phone and call him. The phone keeps ringing, no one picking up. I start to panic more. It goes to voicemail.

"Mark, I don't know what you're doing right now, but I'm gonna find out where you are and I'm going to keep you from hurting yourself." I say, gathering a few things. "I don't care where I have to go, I will find you. Please Mark, don't do anything stupid. I don't know what I'd do if I ended up losing you when I promised myself and others that I would find any way I could to help and protect you."

I resist the urge to say, 'I love you' since I don't know if he likes me in that way. Echo grabs her phone and unlocks it.

"If I'm correct, his location should be on, since we always keep an eye on where he is so he doesn't get in trouble, or do something to himself." She says. She shows that Mark's location is on and we follow where he's walking, only he's FAR ahead of us.

I start running ahead of them, ignoring their calls for me to slow down. I need to find Mark before he does something stupid. I run straight to the beach. I look around, searching for Mark. Echo runs up to me with Flower and takes her phone out.

"He should be close by," she says before passing her phone to me so I can see. I start running in the direction of where he is and end up on a dock. I look around, nobody is at the docks I look at Echo's phone again.

"It says he's right here," Flower says. I suddenly have an idea and jump off the side of the dock and look underneath the dock. I look to see Echo and Flower are still trying to figure out where Mark could be. I sneak under the dock and immediately see Mark laying in the sand. I gasp and rush over to him. I grab his shoulder and he looks at me. I sigh in relief and hug him.

"How'd you find me?" Mark asks.

"You have your location on. Echo and Flower are above us by the way," I answer, pointing at the docks above us. Mark looks, seeing the shadows of Echo and Flower. He doesn't say anything and takes out his phone and turns off his location. I hug him. "What are you doing here Mark?"

"It's peaceful here," he says, watching the waves and hugging back. "I needed to think about something."

"What'd you need to think about?" I ask, looking into his eyes.

"Do you love me, Jack?"

A/N
I FINISHED THIS IN MY SECOND PERIOD BECAUSE I'M BOSS LIKE THAT! (And I'm bored)

SilenceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara