Four

A/N:
Hehehe the title ;) gosh I really miss the boys so much, anyway please be sure to comment and rate and let us know whatcha think so far!

This chapter was written by:
@desiringloubear

-

Harry sighed, walking into the place he liked to call home. His house wasn't anything fancy, it was a simple apartment that was impeccably clean, as if nobody else lived there at all. It was true that harry lived by himself. Sometimes he liked it this way, having the house to himself, but sometimes he wished he wasn't alone.

Feeling weary, Harry hung up his coat on the coat rack behind the door, taking off his shoes shortly after. He lazily made his way down the hallway, towards his average sized bedroom, where he pulled back the light covers, laid down and attempted to sleep for the night.

Over at the hospital, Louis found himself absolutely restless. It was around one in the morning, and he felt as though something that definitely wasn't Oxygen was filling his lungs. It was all almost as if he was drowning. His hand fumbled around for the red 'Help' button as he started with an uncontrollable, painful wheezing. His shaking hand found the button, so he pressed it frantically hoping someone could come soon.

Almost instantaneously, four nurses and doctors came rushing into the small hospital room, hearing his sounds. He could hear the doctors all yelling things, but he couldn't focus on any of the words they were saying. It was just noise.

They started wheeling his hospital bed out the door and into the hallway. "Get O.R. 1 ready!" one of the women leaning over him called.

The next 10 minutes were a blur of color, sound and pain to Louis. The doctors were rushing to get him across the hospital to the O.R.

It was 3:25 am. Harry found himself waking up to the repeated beeping of the pager on the nightstand that was next to his bed. Harry quickly picked up the pager, eyes adjusting to the bright light that shines onto his face. His heart felt as if it had dropped to his stomach. Louis was given surgery due to a collapse of his lungs resulting in a coughing fit.

Harry fumbled around the nightstand, in search of his phone. Harry groaned in frustration, knocking things off of the nightstand. Finding his phone, Harry instantly dialed the hospital.

"Manchester Hospital," the receptionist answered from the front desk phone.

"Yes, hello! Dr. Styles speaking. I was just paged about the patient with the lung surgery. Mr. Tomlinson, room 201," the line was silent for a moment. Harry found himself growing impatient. "Hello?" he asked.

"I apologize for the inconvenience Dr. Styles, but I'm now transferring you to the surgeon who conducted the operation," Harry said nothing back, waiting for the line to be transferred.

"Dr. Styles, thank you for calling. This morning around one o'clock Mr. Tomlinson's left lung started to collapse, but we got in there quick enough to solve the problem. Afterwards, we ran some tests again and discovered that he may only have a short time until his heart gives out on him. You know very well that he has a leak in one of his ventricles, so it's going to gradually become more serious," the doctor explained.

Harry shook his head, needing more. He didn't want to be talked to as if he was a patients family member. "How much time exactly?" he asked.

The man on the other line sighed, "Three weeks at the most. Two at the least," he told him.

Harry talked to the doctor for quite some time about Louis' heart and the process of the transplant when the time came. Harry was scared for Louis. He was worried about not being able to find a heart for him and knowing that if he didn't, Louis would die and he wouldn't get to live his life. That scared Harry to death, and it made him even more frantic about finding Louis' heart.