Fifteen - Clouds

{Lights POV}

God I hate flying. It's something so unnatural to humans but we seem to find completely normal, it's absurd. I don't know, something about hurtling 3000 feet towards my doom doesn't seem like the way I'd like to die, so I avoid flying if possible. 

I couldn't avoid Mihael however, and if I didn't board that flight at 3am I would most definitely get my ass kicked by the leathery maniac. 

So there I was, in my plane seat, shitting my pants. 

I had already been asked on several occasions if I wanted water or to be seated somewhere else or if i wanted some peanuts. I didn't think peanuts would help the anxiety fest that was my stomach at the time, in fact, I probably would've vomited the stale things up (because lets face it plane food = yuck.) 

I had been on a plane before when i was 8, my dad and I had went to Italy together as a father-son bonding holiday which didn't work of course, in fact it was the most awkward holiday in my life, but he tried the poor sod. So yes I'd been on a plane but I hated it then, I hated it when i went to America and I still hate them now. Old habits die hard. 

The flight went fine though, we didn't crash or get hijacked and there weren't even any snakes on the plane whatever that means, it was just Mihael and his never ending whining about how long the trip was taking (he didn't take into account that Japan is on the other side of the world of course) but eventually we landed safe and sound in... wait where were we? 

"Mihael, remind me what state this is." I said, looking at Mihael expectantly. 

"Boston, Massachusetts!" He said, gesturing at the snow covered country-side ahead of us (ah December) and giggling like a 4 year old. 

"And, if I may ask, why is this place," I paused to observe our surroundings, "relevant to your college course?" 

"Well... This is for Biology!" 

"Mihael you don't study Biology." 

"Not yet but when I meet Matt I will be." 

"So... Let me get this straight," I sighed, "we are here of our own accord with no payed for accommodation and little to no money because you were... frustrated?" 

He mulled it over in his head before squeaking a pitiful answer: 

"Yup!"