Nine - Changes

{Light's POV}

On February the 7th, which was Misa's 3rd week at our school, Misa came into school looking completely different. Unrecognisable perhaps. Her previously chocolate coloured locks were now dyed a bright yellow, her hazel eyes disguised with blue contacts and the craziest 'get-up' I've ever seen. She looked like she'd been dragged out of a Marilyn Manson music video as she was covered head to toe in leather and lace. I wrinkled my nose in utter distaste for this 'new' Misa.

She approached me with a red smile and gleaming blue eyes. "Hey Light!" She said cheerily which completely contradicted the new gothic look she opted for. "What's wrong you look confused? Oh is it this?" She gestured at her leather and lace dress, "I know I look completely different! But I feel so much more confident dressed like this don't ya' think I look cute?" She flashed me an innocent smile and batted her fake eyelashes, I nodded slowly in fake agreement. I didn't like Amane but I wouldn't want to purposely hurt her feeling, well not at that point in time anyway.

After an awkward 5 minutes filled with Misa endlessly talking and me nodding or murmuring replies, L stalked up to us looking tired and sunken as usual. "Hey L!" Misa exclaimed and waved her arm ferociously in the air. "Hello?" L said in a questioning tone, "are you one of Light's friends?"

"Silly L! IT'S ME MISA!" She screeched in her annoyingly high voice. L's face brightened in realisation and he offered a small smile which, for L, was rather rare. "Of course how silly of me, good morning Misa." L deadpanned. That's pretty much how the rest of our little chat went, I won't bore you with it.

After school I walked home with L as had become routine. Our little stroll was interrupted by manic footsteps and a far of 'Ligggghhhht!' sound. We both turned in unison to see Misa crash into us, knocking me to the floor and forcing L to stumble to safety. I landed with a low 'ugh' and felt deadweight on top of me. I stared at the blond wad of hair stuffed in my face and sighed. "Misa please get off of me." I said, quickly losing any patience I had left.

Misa became a blushing, stuttering mess at that note. Apologising profusely and brushing off her skirt.

"I-I was just trying to catch up with you guys. I'm sorry I tripped onto you like that." She said, but it didn't feel as genuine as it sounded because in her blue eyes I saw a glint of mischief, the situation in itself felt planned and rehearsed because seriously how convenient she fell on top of me?

"Whatever Misa." I said, brushing off the invisible dirt on my clothes. L stared at us both in secret amusement as he watched the awkward scenario unfold, luckily for me L wasn't a fan of embarrassing others so this wouldn't be brought up again.

When I finally got home and rid of Misa I was washed with relief. I really couldn't stand her and I bet if I met her again I still wouldn't be able to tolerate the bitch. My night was uneventful, I watched the news and frowned in disgust. So many criminals and disgusting people damn this world is more rotten then Misa and Levi combined.

When I finally turned in and turned my light off I thought of L fondly, we hadn't spoken properly in weeks and I was reasonably worried about him. Although L liked me he was more focused on studying and grades, we both were, we'd had a discussion and made it a rule that grades came first. L and I both wanted to pursue the same career as detectives and to do this we needed to get some pretty top notch grades. We both had high IQ's as well which made things much easier and eased the pressure on our relationship.

I then thought about Misa and how she was slowly making me lose my mind. She was making L and I act awkward even around each other and being around her was slowly lowering my IQ. I wish she'd just get popular and start thinking we were losers so we could finally be alone and restore our broken link.