Let's make a new start.

"How the fuck you guys doin' tonight?" M. Shadows roared into the microphone. My sister Freya and I were at yet another Avenged Sevenfold concert, courtesy of her being their assistant tour manager. I looked to my sister and we both screamed in unision. We were in the front row, right in front of Matt. We'd been in this position many times before, but the thrill never ceased. 

"Imogen, I'm so glad you love this band, because otherwise, I don't know who else I'd bring with me on tour!" my sister shouted above the music. I was glad too, because I would never tire of seeing my favorite band perform almost every night. I had never actually  met the band though, because of my anxiety. I didn't think they'd accept me, and they'd think badly of me because of the way I am. Despite Freya's persistent offers of chilling with them, I'd accept and then back out at the last minute. 

"And a word to the wise when the fire dies, you think it's over but it's just begun." Matt sang with his heart. I always felt the music and the emotions would just overtake me, and I'd get caught up in it. But this night, it was different. "But baby don't  cry. You had my heart, at least for the most part." the band was singing, and as they sung, I made eye contact with none other than Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan. He held my gaze for a full minute, singing and never missing a beat. I had always been completely mezmerised by him, and now for the first time ever, I was making eye contact, and not only that, but I felt a connection. I know it's weird to say, but it's true. I broke the gaze to tell my sister what had just happened, but she was grabbing Matt's hand, winking at him. I returned my attention back to Jimmy briefly, to see if he was still looking, only to find out he had still been ogling me, a small smile covering his face. I blushed and looked at Zacky Vengeance, my other favorite member. He was so into his playing that he didn't even look up from his guitar. 

-after the show

I didn't look back at Jimmy for the rest of the show. That brief moment we shared couldn't have been anything more than a coincidence. I'm just another fan, and that's all I'll ever be. As everyone cleared out of the building, Freya grabbed my arm and pulled me backstage.

"Mo, I have to go back here and I'm not going to spend an hour searching for you through the crowd. Come on. Now." she scolded as my eyes widened in fear and I dug my heels into the floor. She kept pulling, and finally I gave in, pulling up my hood and staring at the floor. 

"Frrrrrrrrreyaaaa!" Brian screamed as we walked backstage. I excused myself to hide in the shadows. 

"Bri Bri bear!" she screamed in return as they hugged. 

"So, is that offer to stay at your place still open?" Zacky inquired. 

"Sure is! But you'll have to excuse my sister, she's a little shy," she explained. "andmadlyinlovewithyouguys." she whispered. 

"What was that?" Johnny asked, clearly confused. That poor guy, he must be brain dead from how much he gets picked on. 

'Oh, nothing. Let's get going. Mo!" she turned around, only to not find me where she had left me. "Imogen, where the hell did you go?" I slipped away and ran outside to the car. As I approached it, I texted her and told her I was outside waiting for her. She came outside, followed by 5 overgrown little boys. Shit, we're carpooling. Great! I thought to myself. I jumped in the passenger seat and curled up into a ball. They all piled in the back seats, thank god Freya drove a Hummer H2, or else we all wouldn't fit. "Mo, why'd you leave?" she asked with concern. I just gave her an 'are you seriously asking me this right now?'  look. She nodded and put the key in the ignition and we drove off, to a night I wasn't anticipating at all.

Why was I so nervous? I had dreamed of this day ever since I had first heard the band, yet here I am, here is my chance, and I'm turning into a freakin socially awkard penguin again. 

We arrived at the house, and before she even parked the car, I jumped out and ran up to the huose, unlocking the door and running inside, ignoring Freya calling my name. I made my way up the stairs as quickly as possible and slammed the door closed as soon as I was safely in my room. I walked to my bed and plopped down on my back, staring at the ceiling. I was again thinking of that moment of eye contact with Jimmy, it made me feel different than when I'd made eye contact with other people. It made me extremely happy, especially when I saw the smile spread across his perfectly shaped face, his sapphire eyes scintillating. I smirked at the thought of encountering those eyes every day, peering at the most enticing eyes I had ever seen. I was brought out of my trance by a soft knock on the door. "Mo, it's me, Frey." my sister spoke from the other side of my door. "Can I come in?" 

"Yeah, come in I guess." I blandly stated. She came in the room and sat on my bed next to me, looking me over and assessing the condition I was in. "What?" I asked, a little more rudely than I had anticipated. 

"I was just coming to check on you, sis. I'm sorry that I didn't mention anything about it earlier, I just really wanted to surprise you, ya know?" she explained herself, which made me realize that I shouldn't be mad at her for this. She did it for my own good, she's trying to get me to be more sociable and make friends. "You'll get along with them wonderfully, Imogen. You and Jimmy are so much alike it's unbelievable," when she said his name his beaming display appeared in my mind. "he really wants to meet you, also. Just give them a chance, please? I'm begging you." she pouted. I again gave in to my sisters peer pressure and stood up. 

"Ok, Rey, I'll meet them. But only because I need to be more gregarious.It's not like I'm probably ever going to see them again," I glowered, earning a scornful glare from my sister. I helped her up and smoothed out my clothes.

"Thank you so much for doing this, babe. I'm sure you'll see them again, too. Jimmy sems really interested in you. He won't stop talking about you." she hugged me as she said this. 

"He doesn't even know me, why would he be talking about me constantly?" I inquried. She shrugged her shoulders and pulled me out of the room and down the stairs, into an encounter that I knew I'd never forget. 

so, uh. feedback please? o.o I'm pretty sure I'm probably going to end up giving up on this story, but if y'all like it that much, let me know, ok? I'll keep writing for you guys. ily all. <3 xoxo, Peter Pan.