Seven

Nick woke up to find a sleeping Olivia next to him. The past week in Texas has turned out to be quite refreshing and liberating. They talked to each other more and their relationship was flourishing.

He let out a soft yawn as he looked over at the side table and took his phone. He saw that he had about 14 missed calls and many texts from his brothers. Nick had decided to ignore most of the phone calls and texts because he wanted to spend time with Olivia and show her that the relationship was worth saving but he did feel his heart ache slightly when he saw that none of the messages were from Selena.

As he scrolled through his messages he received a call from Joe. Getting out of bed he walked outside to take the call.

He answered it with a simple, “Yeah?”

“Fucking finally man. Where the hell have you been? Did you forget that we have a concert in three days and we still have no plan on how the lighting will be or what songs we’ll be playing. We need you man but you’ve been MIA….” Joe stated slightly annoyed.

“Oh shit, it totally slipped my mind. Dude me and Olivia are at mom and dad’s house trying to work on our relationship…”

“I thought it was settled and you were breaking up with her? Dude you know what I don’t really care; we need you here,” Joe replied.

“I can’t leave yet, we have one more day and then we can go back home.”

“Nick we need you here, now”

“I can’t bro…”

“You know what, Nick. Stay with your girlfriend we’re gonna work here and actually get stuff done,” Joe spat.

“Oh c’mon-”the line cut and Nick was left alone with his girlfriend.

----

The Jonas Brothers Tour Cancelation, is it over?

Nick read while sadness drowned him. He had broken down the night before while Olivia was taking a shower and now finally seeing the word had gotten about the tour cancelation made him feel worse. He was going back to New York with Olivia to see if his brothers and him could salvage some dates for the concert.

“Babe, let’s go!” Olivia shouted happily. She knew how severe the situation was but I just didn’t feel that she cared. She was happy all the time and she never once told him it was going to be alright, all she did was tell Nick how successful he would be if he went solo.

He sighed as he grabbed his bag and headed to the cab where he found Olivia had already gotten comfortable. The drive was quiet and so was the long flight. Olivia would lean close to Nick and snuggle up to him but Nick felt numb.

Everyone around him was happy and living their wonderful lives while his was falling apart. He wanted to talk to someone that wasn’t his brothers. He didn’t dare to call Demi—she was too attached to Joe and he knew that whatever he told her would be told to Joe some way or another. The only name that came to his head was Selena.

He sighed knowing that he really wanted to talk to her. Whenever he was alone he would think of her and recently she had been invading his thoughts while he was with Olivia. His heart ached as he thought about her being sad because he hadn’t called her back in a week.

In a goddamn week? That’s fucking pathetic Nick, he thought to himself.

Nick knew that his heart was with Selena and it pained him to try to persuade it to love Olivia. It was all just a mess and he prayed for a sign to help him figure out where he was going.

-----

Their plane had landed at around 11:00 am and Nick was surprised to see paparazzi waiting for him and Olivia. Olivia, of course, did not seem fazed one bit but this time Nick felt uncomfortable; all he wanted was to get to his apartment rest and talk with his brothers.

-------

Once at his apartment he was happy to finally be by himself; Olivia had gone to her apartment to rest and he didn’t protest. He placed his in his room and unzipped them wanting to get the unpacking out of the way but he stopped once he heard someone knock at the door.

Once at the door he opened it and unexpectedly saw a delivery man with a medium sized box. He signed what he was asked to sign and then took the box to his kitchen.

There was writing on the top in nice cursive that said,

To Nicholas,

From: Your Lover (apparently)

He chuckled and open the box knowing immediately who it was from.

She said she would get me something but I didn’t think she actually would, Nick thought.

When the box was fully open he saw the top of a hat; he took it out and saw that it was a bowler hat, or a fedora? Nick had no idea what kind of hat it was but he liked it a lot.

He smiled as he put it on and found a note in the box a well. In her hand writing it read:

I saw this in a shop window and it made me think of you.

I hope it meets your expectations and I hope to see you wearing it…now if it looks ridiculous on you please take a picture and send it to me.

His smile widened.

I hope you like it and know that you can call me whenever you like to either get you a better gift or just say Hello.

I’m waiting for your reply Nick (when I say reply I mean a gift). Have a wonderful day Nick, did you know before texting became popular LOL meant lots of love NOT laugh out loud?

LOL,

Selena

Nick held the letter as his brain started to work. This was his sign.

The sign that would help him get to where he wanted to go.

He wanted to be with Selena.