Chapter 16 - Punishment!!

Começar do início

Lone boy.

A smile spread over my face. Only if I would also be a unknown face for him then I could share my feelings with him. But, now I can't. I really need a friend with whom I can share my all frustrations. Cali is my friend but she too had a life, she can't be with me all the time.

I wrote on the letter,

Yes, you're right. I wish I could say the same. But yes, I would love to help you. You can share anything with me, don't worry, I won't let you down.

Happy girl!!

I placed the letter back at it's place and left the library. I saw Ashley in the way coming along with Austin. She was holding his hand. I watched the two from the distance.

Ashley was continuously talking to him and was laughing and she was falling on him again and again whilst the boy was in his own dreams. He wasn't even paying attention at her and was just giving a nod or two. He was looking here and there and girls were going crazy on whosoever Austin look.

Crazy people!!

I ignored them and opened my locker and took out my notebook of English. I turned and saw Austin and Ashley coming towards me only.

Go away, I mentally said.

"Hey", Austin said with an unreadable expression.

Seriously? Why is he talking to me?

"Hello", I replied and forced a smile at both of them and Ashley mirrored my response.

I don't hate Austin but still we're not friends and don't share good terms. I pity him!! That's wrong, I know but what can I do? My prospective of looking at him have taken a drastic change from hatred to sympathy but the reason behind it is same and that's Nial!!

"Are you going to class?", He asked.

Isn't it obvious? Sarcastic girl in me commented!!

"Yes", I replied and he also nodded. Fine, enough of awkwardness for one day.

"Okie, bie", I replied and left.

I moved to the class and sit with one of my classmates and opened my notebook. Haley, my classmate who is actually a nerd, patted my shoulder.

She adjusted her glasses and asked me, "Are you Rian's friend?".

I looked up from my notebook and asked her, "Why?".

"He's staring at you from past five minutes", she said with a smirk and my eyes in reflex searched for Rian.

I saw he was sitting in the row adjacent to mine and was looking at my side. I felt my cheeks heated up, this so embarrassing. He waved his hand at my side and I just passed a smile.

What's his problem now?

I didn't looked up from my notebook after that and started drawing at the back of my notebook, which is most of us do to pass the time. A person's notebook last page hold a lot of stories.

I felt Haley getting up and leaving the seat with her stuffs. I didn't bother to ask even. I was just trying to prevent any eye contact with Nial. I need time to face him, and may be this time I won't like him.

"Wow, what a lovely sketch!!", I heard someone saying and I saw Rian came and he sat next to me.

"This seat is taken, you can't sit here", I replied.