sixteen

today was the day. jihoon got dressed and met soonyoung by the car.

"you ready babe? today's the big day." jihoon asked him.

"obviously, im ready. i should be asking you that question, yknow, she was your past lover." soonyoung smirked.

"yeah, like you said past, as in i care don't care anymore." he finished, putting lots of emphasis on the word past. soonyoung laughed then got into the car. they drove in silence, not awkward silence, more like comfortable silence. when they arrived at the wedding, they walked in hand and hand and sat down after mingling with lots of other people. after a while, the wedding started. yejin walked down the isle after hongbin and everybody else. jihoon could see her eyes wandering everywhere. she looked so nervous. he almost felt bad, but he didn't.

after the wedding came the reception, and i knew it would be one hell of a party. there was so much alcohol, it was great. i leaned against the wall sipping my drink as i watched soonyoung get bombarded by little girls wanting to dance with him. i heard somebody clear their throats beside me, so i looked to the side and saw yejin staring at me.

"hi jihoon." she said, as she took a sip of her drink.

"hello yejin, enjoying your day?" i asked.

"yes i am. i'm really happy you came." she said and smiled at me.

"me too. you look gorgeous, and you looked really happy up there with hongbin." i said, because it was the truth. she looked genuinely happy up there, and that made me happy. did i love yejin? of course. but it wasn't like before. im not head over heels for her anymore. i'm not in love with her anymore. i sighed as i looked at the person i was in love with. and he smiled right back at me.

"thank you, and how come i didn't know about you and soonyoung?" she winked and nudged me. i laughed as i looked at him still dancing with the kids.

"honestly, i don't know. soonyoung kissed me one night and things happened after that and bam! we're together! i didn't even know i was.. y'know.." i trailed off.

"gay? was i just a cover up?" she fake gasped and laughed.

"no! no! i meant i didn't know that i was attracted to him like that!" i laughed. it was honestly a really nice moment with yejin. it made me realize that i really missed her. she was my best friend, and i missed her so much.

"well i better go. hongbin is probably wondering where i am right now. call me sometime and we'll catch up ok?" she smiled.

"of course." i smiled back and hugged her. i was really glad she was happy.

"hey, you ready to go?" i turned to the right and saw soonyoung standing with a cupcake in his hand.

"yeah i am." i answered as i grabbed our things and headed to the car. as i was about to get in i stopped.

"babe wait." i said as i walked over to him.

"wha-" i cut him off as i planted a kiss on his lips. when we broke the kiss, he was smiling so hard at me.

"what was that for?" he smiled and asked.

"i don't know. i just love you." i smiled and laughed. he giggles and kissed my cheek.

"and i love you."

                                    THE END