I sent a text to Edward as I put on some loose pants, hiding the ice pack wrapped around my knee. I asked if he wanted to get together and he immediately said yes. I wanted a casual night, just hanging out with my boyfriend. He felt the same and said that he'd pick me up in an hour for a quiet, home-cooked meal at his apartment. Back in the house, I showered and put on a pair of jeans and t-shirt, tossing my hair up into a loose ponytail. The guys were still at rehearsal, struggling with their piece, leaving the house empty with just us girls. Most of them decided to have a movie night. Everyone except me and Alice. Alice said that she had plans with a friend, getting into a waiting taxi.

Edward arrived ten minutes after Alice, handing me a bouquet of wild flowers. I grabbed a vase and put the flowers in my room before we left for his apartment. I was curled up in the front seat, watching as the rivulets of rain traveled down the window. "You okay, angel?" he asked, reaching his hand across the console.

"I'm just sore and stressed out about my performance. My mom being here, it's all just too much," I sighed, looking over at him. His hair was covered by baseball cap. His jaw was covered scruff and he looked so handsome, sexy. When he stopped at a stoplight, he looked over at me. His green eyes were soft and sweet. He caressed my cheek. "Thank you for getting me away from the crazy, even for a few hours."

"Anything for you, pretty girl," he said. "Have you heard from your mom?"

"Yes, but I'm ignoring her," I replied, leaning my head against his muscular shoulder. "I don't want to hear her bullshit. You know?"

"I don't blame you," he said. "I'm sorry that she's causing you so much distress, Bella. Is there anything I can do to help?"

"Just this," I said, kissing his bicep. He reached over, squeezing my hand as he pulled into his apartment complex. In his apartment, we worked on making dinner together. It was a simple meal of spaghetti and meatballs, but it was delicious. Working with him was seamless, flirty and fun. He was so gentle, funny and sweet, smiling and holding me close, nuzzling my neck and kissing me often. After dinner, we sat down on the couch. Edward pulled my feet into his lap, rubbing them. The television was on and I was watching it, but really paying attention to the show flickering on the screen.

"Bella, you've been quiet since dinner," Edward said, tickling my foot. I giggled, poking him in the stomach. "Talk to me, baby."

"Something that Tyler mentioned to me has me stressing out," I said, curling up and hugging my knees. "It's probably nothing, you know? Overreacting or letting my imagination run wild. I don't know."

"Don't shut me out, angel," he said, easily lifting me onto his lap. "I'm with you. Every step. Now, does Tyler need an ass whooping?"

"No," I snorted, kissing his nose. "We sort of made up. Can I trust him? I don't know, but at least we're friendlier toward each other. Anyway, he mentioned something about my mom and her reason for coming to see the show. It's not because she wants to see me. You know?"

"What did Tyler say about your mom?" Edward asked, his hand rubbing my back as he stared into my eyes.

"That she's in cahoots with Alice," I said flatly. "What do you think? Would Alice go that far?"

"I think that it seems possible. But, how would your mom get in touch with Alice?" Edward questioned, arching a brow.

"That's the disconnect. I don't think that they've spoken unless Alice swiped my phone, but nothing's concrete," I shrugged. "And what would my mom have to gain by talking to Alice?"

"Ending your dancing career; eliminating you from the competition," Edward answered, his mouth pressed into a thin angry line. "Alice is vicious. If your mom is as bitter as you say, she would stop at nothing in taking away your happiness."