Someone to Watch Over Me

Start from the beginning

"One thing for certain, Bella is not a weak link," Emmett smirked. "Everyone loved her. I listened to the crowd as they left and almost all of them are voting for Bella and Tyler. She has this innocence about her that appeals to almost everyone in the audience and out there in their living rooms. On top of that, she's sweet and genuine." He got up and stretched. "I'm going to head home. Thanks for the beer, Eddo."

"No problem. I only get them for you," I snorted. "I usually avoid drinking, especially if I'm going to dance."

"Such a goody-goody," Emmett teased. "I'll see you tomorrow. Do you want to drive over together for the results show?"

"You just want to ride in my car," I chuckled. "That's fine."

"Sweet!" Emmett sang, hopping up from the couch. He danced out of my apartment, waving as he shut the door.

Once he was gone, I used a burner cell I'd purchased to vote as many times as I could for Bella and Tyler. I knew I was biased and probably breaking the rules, but they were amazing and deserved as many votes as possible. After that, I went into my bedroom and sent Bella a brief text. I knew that she'd probably crash after spending some time in the pool or the hot tub. The adrenaline tended to wear off quickly after performing. I knew all too well how exhausted I was after each performance show.

The stress of performing in front of a live audience, making sure that you got your choreography right and connecting with your partner, it was borderline unbearable. The biggest stressor was not showing your nerves. Maintaining your composure in front of the cameras and the audience were shockingly tiresome.

The following day, the results show, was a different kind of stress. You had another group number. Depending on the show, it would be with the entire cast or a gender-specific piece. Then, you'd find out the results, discovering if you were safe or in the bottom three. If you were in the bottom three for each gender, you had to dance for your life. The judges would save four dancers, sending two home. The judges would take into account the feedback from the choreographers, the performance from the night previous and the solo. However, once the top ten dancers were chosen, it was solely based on audience votes. The judges couldn't save anyone.

As I got settled in my bed, my cell phone chirped with a new message. It was a picture of Bella with Rose, Jacob, Jasper and a few other of the top twenty dancers. They were all in the hot tub, posing for a selfie. My eyes were on Bella in her skimpy bikini. My dick hardened, seeing so much skin. Along with the picture, Bella sent me a message.

Celebrating the first performance! Thank you for being there tonight. It meant the world to me ~ Bella xx

Shaking my head and trying to calm my body, I responded back to her. You were fantastic, angel. I'm so proud of you and I can't wait to see you tomorrow. I know that you will definitely be safe ~ Edward xx

I wanted to say something about the kiss that almost wasn't, but decided against it. Bella did it for me. She sent me a picture of her puckering her lips. Wishing you were here ~ Bella

Oh, you have no idea, pretty girl. NO idea.

xx SYTYCD xx

BPOV

"We should have gone to bed earlier," Rose hissed, walking up the stairs. "Tomorrow is going to suck. We have rehearsal for that hip hop group number at nine."

"It's only midnight," Kate said. Kate was a contemporary dancer. She was partnered up with a fellow contemporary dancer, Garrett. They had had a rough night. Garrett had dropped her in one of the lifts for their dance. Kate had a huge bruise on her hip and we spent most of the night in the hot tub, soothing our sore muscles. "Besides, if I had to guess, most people saw my epic fail and I'm sure as hell not going to make it. I may as well take advantage of this posh pad for as long as I can."