A New York Minute

Start from the beginning

"Whatever is fine with me," I snickered. He sauntered out of my room. I collapsed onto the bed, running my hands through my thick, wet hair. I was exhausted and a little jetlagged. As I waited for Emmett to come back, I perused online on my phone, checking Facebook, my twitter feed and Instagram. As part of my contract, I had to maintain a twitter and Instagram account. My most recent photo of me, a selfie – God, I'm that guy - in front of the Paramount Theater had received over three thousand likes from my teenaged followers, most of which were girls, gushing over how HOT I was.

I don't see it. I think I look like Howdy Doody. Meh.

My Facebook account, however, was set to private. Only a handful of people were aware of its existence, mainly friends from the Latin dancing circuit, high school, college and my family. Biting my lip, I typed Bella's name in the search bar. There were a number of Bella Swan's and Isabella Swan's, but I found her easily. Her profile picture was of her and Rose, smiling in the sunlight on the campus of University of Washington. Rose was pretty, but my eyes were drawn to the gorgeous brunette, smiling sexily to the camera.

I sent her a friend request.

Gah! I'm a freaking stalker, but I just can't walk away.

I tossed my phone onto the nightstand, blowing out a few breaths. I couldn't come on too strong. Nope. I had to be her friend first. I can do the friend thing.

Liar. You want to bone her. You want to know if her hair is as soft as it looks, her lips as sweet as they appear, her pussy ... I'm going to hell. Straight to hell.

Ugh, my brain has no filter. I would like to be with her, that way, but friends. We needed to be friends. I couldn't get too close to her. Not yet. I'd call her, talk to her, text her and if she accepts my friend request, send her random Facebook game requests. I'm such a dork. Pull it together, Cullen. Though, I did need lives for Candy Crush Saga.

"Eddo!" boomed Emmett. "Let my sexy ass into your room. I have your deep fried puffs of heaven."

I barked out a laugh, getting up from the bed and letting Emmett in. "Deep fried puffs of heaven?" I snickered.

"Try it," he said, stuffing a chocolate donut into my mouth. I bit back a groan. The donut was warm, coated with chocolate glaze and almost like sex, wrapped up in sugar, flour and chocolate. Hmmmm, chocolate. Though, having sex would be preferable, thank you very much. "Would you like a moment alone with your heaven puff?"

"Shut up," I barked, laughing as I swallowed. "They are really good. Thanks for picking up another dozen."

"Pssh! A dozen? I picked up four. One for you and three for me," he beamed, handing me the car keys. "I'll see you tomorrow, Edz."

"Edward. My name is Edward. Not Eddo, Ed, Edz, Eddiekins," I said, arching a brow.

Emmett just smiled, stuffing an entire glazed donut into his mouth. "Later, Eddiela!" With a wry grin, I closed the door as he walked to his own room. I ate two donuts, deciding to save the rest until tomorrow for breakfast, bringing the leftovers to the theater. I sipped some water, flipping through the channels before exhaustion washed over me. I plugged in my cell phone so it could charge, setting the alarm so I could do a brief workout before going to the theater. I settled into my lumpy bed, my eyes drooping and my mind drifting. Just before sleep claimed me, my cell phone buzzed.

Swiping my finger, I saw the alert. It was from Facebook.

Isabella Swan has accepted your friend request. You can now see more of her profile.

I beamed, happy that she wasn't turned off by my pushy behavior. I was glad that I had met her and that we were now friends. Though, in my heart of hearts, I wanted more.