Sleepless || Chapter 1

Magsimula sa umpisa

He bounced up in the air and stared back at me, now both of us staring at each other.

'GAH- I... I'm sorry! I thought you were staring at something s..so I."

I shook my head and decided to speak up.

'No. If want to hang out more, you can come over to my place and we can work on homework together or something.'

It was the end of quarter three now. Ever since then, we've met at my house and did homework together. In which what I mean is he would do at least half of the page and I'd copy it down and shared my half.

It was our time to bond as friends since school thought it would be best if we never got classes together and different lunch schedules.

I liked hanging with all my friends but they all were really different from each other and sometimes i cherish being with one more than the other.

Clyde was fun to hang out with but was noisy and a big immature kid.

Token was a pretty laid-back friend but sometimes his bragging of his riches got unbearable.

And then there's this. Simple conversations and just venting with this little spaz. His twitches got on my nerves, yeah, but I get I can ignore them more or less.

My favorite part of this day, where the two of us just sit on the ground sharing our homework answers, was when he couldn't concentrate and he'd ask to play music.

The way he just nervously moves around with the beat. Whether it's the tap of his pencil or a hum, I couldn't help but to smile to myself.

I guess I was so manifested in my thoughts I hadn't notice the shuffling and whispers of him in present time.

''Why are you staring at me like that, man?''

My eyes averted away from him from a second to collect myself before looking back towards him. He spoke very nervously like, His voice in a mutter as he clenched his teeth together as did spoke.

I shrugged and continued working on the column of homework I had neglected to do, as my conscience was too busy with staring at him sleeping beforehand.

I began to scribble on the paper, I didn't feel like doing this anymore. My mind was set on what to say to him.

Gladly, it wasn't me who started the conversation.

''How was I out? It looks dark out!''

I responded with the time, which was now 7:10, with my original stoic but nasally voice and I received a short screech back.

"Gah! Dude, Craig! Why didn't you wake me up! Ahhh.. . what if I can't sleep at all tonight?! Jesus Christ! I can't fall asleep in school!''

Finally, I was able to throw my homework to aside and give my full attention to him.

"I- I need coffee..-"

"No you don't."

My reply sounded colder than expected but I stuck with it. He gave me an unsure look. Confused, probably.

"W-why? Gah, I'm going to go get some."

He got off from my bed and went to gather his backpack.

Of course I didn't let him go. I got up from my spot and stood by the door.

"Tweek, you're going to be more restless with just more coffee."

my statement wasn't powerful, but it was enough to rebel back.

He walked towards the door and stopped when he was face to face with me. I was much taller than him so he wouldn't be able to get out as easily as he wished to.