Chapter 1: The Bank

Beginne am Anfang

"Are you sure? I'll pay you back, once I...." John started to say but you held your hand up and said "No, you don't have to do that. And yes, I'm sure. I don't mind helping out a friend." You said as John smiles at you before he looks over at Sherlock and asked. "What happened about the case you were offered--the Jaria Diamond?" "Not interested." Sherlock remarked, his gaze back on his book.

"I sent them a message." He flashed a look over your way as you were getting your jacket from one of the dining chairs while he kicks back a sword under his chair. "All right John, you ready?" You said as John tuts pointedly at Sherlock, who shakes his head innocently. John nods and heads out the door first. You turn your head over to Sherlock, who smiles and winks at you. You wink back and follow John outside.

About an hour later, you and John return with the groceries and you noticed that Sherlock has moved from his armchair to the dining table, hands folded as he stares at a laptop screen. John notices, as well, and sees the equipment Sherlock is looking at.

"Is that my computer?" He asked.

"Of course." replied Sherlock as he starts to type.

"What?" John asked, angrily.

"Mine was in my bedroom." Sherlock said

"What, and you couldn't be bothered to get up?" John asked as you were putting up the groceries but also trying not to burst out laughing.

"It's password protected!" John shouted.

"You forget who your talking to, John." You said once you finished putting up the groceries.

"Took me less than a minute to guess your password. Not exactly Fort Nox." Sherlock said, as he glances up at John.

"Right, thank you." John said, annoyed, as he walks over and slams the lid down, Sherlock pulls his fingers away just in time.

John places the laptop across the room and puts it on the floor beside his armchair as he sits down. You shake your head and mutter "Oh, Sherlock." You walk into the sitting room and go sit on the couch as Sherlock clasps his hand in a prayer position in front of his lips as he props his elbows on the table. John picks up a small pile of letters from the table beside his chair and frowns as he looks through them.

"Need to get a job." John muttered.

"Oh, dull." Sherlock replied, softly.

You look over at Sherlock and notice he looks like he is in his own little world. "Sherlock? Are you ok?" You asked. "I need to go to the bank." He replies and gets up, takes his coat off the hook on the door and heads towards the stairs. You and John look at each other for a moment and hurry off after him.

Sherlock leads you and John through revolving glass doors which lead into the Shad Sanderson Bank. You and John stare at the impressive foyer as you two follow Sherlock. "Yes, when you said we were going to the bank...." John said as you and him get on a escalator behind Sherlock as he observes everything around him. You observe as well and notice the security systems have to have cards swiped across electronic readers in order to open the barrier gates.

As you and the boys reach the top of the escalators, Sherlock walks over to the reception desk and address one of the receptionists. "Sherlock Holmes." He said and the receptionists nods and leads you to an office.

A little bit later, a man walks in and grins at Sherlock. "Sherlock Holmes." He greets. "Sebastian." said Sherlock. They shake hands as Sebastian said. "Howdy, buddy. How long's it been? Eight years since I last clapped eyes on you?" Sherlock looks back at him with marginally diguised dislike then turns to you and John. "These are my friends, John Watson and (y/n) (l/n)." He said. Sebastian looks over at you and John in surprise. "Friends?" He asked, as he shakes John's hand. "Colleague." John states but you just roll your eyes as you stretch out your hand. "Pleasure to meet you." Sebastian looks over at you as he grabs your hand.