Chapter one - my life.

All rights (unfortunately) belong to Stephanie Meyer (though I'm working on that one...)

He is gone.
He left me.
I can not cope, I can't understand what happened.
This is my life.

I'm walking in the woods; my jacket wrapped firmly around me as I trudge through the wet and rainy forest. I shiver and speed up, I need to get there soon. I'm going to the meadow, our meadow, and I'm certain that this time I'll find it. I've been looking for months with a friend called Jacob, but now even he has abandoned me. Why does nobody want me?

I stumble over a loose branch and gasp as the pain shoots across my ankle, making me limp. Great, I thought, an injury is just what I need right now. At least the pain is distracting, for a second I'm not thinking about them at all. I carry on limping through the forest; hoping I haven't seriously hurt my ankle. The pain gets worse, but I force myself to keep going. Something big is going to happen today, I just know it. Maybe I'll see Edward again. Of course by that I mean a vision, it's not like he'd actually be waiting for me.

Eventually reach the clearing and breath in the fresh, clean air. I open my eyes wide but close them immediately. It looks wrong; the whole meadow is different now. Covered in soggy leaves with none of the wild flowers that grew there before I know that this is not the place of my memories. I sigh again. What did I expect? Nothing I guess. I stumble onto the wet grass and sit there for a moment; trying to persuade myself that I should start getting back.

I look up and gasp at what I see. Edward. My Edward. But at the same time it isn't - it's another vision. "Bella, you have to get out of here now!" He tells me.
"What?!" I ask confused.
"You need to go."
My stomach sinks like the titanic when I realise what he means - he doesn't want me in his place, the place he always used to go to to get away from people. "No." I say firmly. My imagination is way to mean. I know that in a moment I'll get up and leave; I don't want to upset him, even if he's not technically real.

"Bella you ha-" he's cut of by someone else waltzing into our meadow.
"My, my, what a small world it is." A familiar ball of frizzy red hair says. "It's very convenient, really, that you're here. Saves us hunting anyone." Laurent tells me.
"Victoria? Laurent?" I said, surprised by their sudden appearance.
"Yes, yes. Now hold still child; we need to -"

I didn't get to hear the last of what they said, because at that very moment I was hit round the head with something very very hard.