Chapter 1

Megan

It was early morning and I was locked in the bathroom again, same view every day. The dirty yellow walls, the black vanity, rusted bathtub. It was a nightmare in here. I always get the usual half a piece of bread to last on all day, and water out of the rusted faucet. Just enough to keep me alive. I was always so weak and food deprived, it was easier to control me this way. This time he left me with no food at all, he tends to do that at least once a week. I think it was winter, I hadn't been outside in months, he forbid it after what happened last time. I miss the feeling of the grass between my toes, the sun against my face, and the feeling of the fresh breeze blowing through my hair. The feel of the icy cold air blowing through the window sending a shiver down my spine confirmed my thoughts. The only thing keeping me warm is a tank top and a pair of pajama shorts. I begged him for a blanket but he refused, instead he threw in an old yellow towel that had a few holes. He wasn't going to be back until late tonight, I believe it was still early. I grab the edge of the counter and pull myself off the cold ground, the second i stood up the dizzyness took over. I glanced out the small window to see the sun poking over the trees. The window was too small to fit through so I couldn't escape, I try the door like I always do and expect it to be locked, I don't know why I even try anymore. I guess it's just the little bit of hope I have left. I put my hand on the handle and twist, the door wasn't locked. Adrenaline took over my body,  Maybe he forgot to lock it? Maybe he was waiting for me? I didn't care anymore so I just ran, I ran until I reached a bus station. I was getting away, getting away from my mistake called life. If I said I was scared, that would be the understatement of the century, I was terrified. I hoped he didn't find me, I hoped he didn't find me ever again. I got up to the bus and realized I didn't have any money, I looked around and saw that someone was playing the guitar and an idea popped into my head. I went up to the guy and asked if I could sing while he played so I could get enough money and thankfully he said yes. It only took one song and I was out of there. Once I sat down I let out a huge sigh of relief. "It's finally happening" I thought to myself "I'm finally getting away... I can't believe it. I can't help but think it's all so, fake." Two hours into the bus ride I found myself drifting off to sleep, I urged myself to stay awake it didn't work. I fell into a deep sleep for the first time in forever. When I woke up I looked out the window to see fields and fields of grass and flowers, there were horses spotting the land. "This is a much better view" I though to myself.  I've always admired the horses that run free. I guess I was a little jealous of them. I've always wanted to be free. That has always been my mission. I will be free before I am taken from this world, I promised myself . I looked to my left and saw the person sitting next to me was looking at me. He had long dark brown hair, hazel eyes, and a strong build. He stared for a long time as if he was expecting me to say something, then finally said " Hi I'm Sam."  Then immediately asked what my name is. " Megan, Megan Kimble." I explained as I shook his hand. "Kimble?" He asked. I looked at him cautiously. "Yea? What's it to you?" "Well my last name is Kimble too." I scoffed "Haha yea right." "It's true!" Sam said. "Is it just me or do we know eachother?" Sam asked with a smile. I looked at him awkwardly. "Umm no I don't think so." "Oh sorry I just thought you looked familiar." He apologized. "Where are you from?" Sam asked. "London" I say not going into detail trying to get the conversation end. "Really, I visited London once but other than that I don't know much about it." Sam explained.  "So do you have any family there?" he asked. "No I don't" I state. "So where are your parents?" He asked. "Don't know never met them." I said casually. "Never knew my parents ether I was in a foster home in till I was 13." He explained. "I had a sister but they took her away when I was 10 years old, but the funny thing is her name was Megan too." He laughed. "How old was your sister when they took her away?" I asked. "Eight, why? Logan asked. Recognizaton, fear, and anger settled in the pit of my stomach I felt like I was going tho puke. I looked up into his eyes and said " Sam do you think I could be your sister?" "Oh my god, Megan could it really be you?" Sam asked. I laughed, "I think so, I mean I don't know, maybe." He pulled me into his arms and hugged me so hard I couldn't breathe. "Sam. Can't. Breathe." I managed to cough out. He immediately let me go of me. "Oh! I'm so sorry, I-I didn't mean to." He said looking me up and down with his hands on my shoulders making sure he didn't hurt me. "It's ok, I'm ok." I said reassuring him with a smile. "Ok let's go." He said back. "We have more important matters to deal with like starting off, where I'm going to sleep." I explained. "Nonsense you will stay with me." He said. "Oh no I won't at least not until we get a blood test to see if we really are brother and sister for all I know you could be some lunatic." I said. "Ouch that hurt." He kidded. I laughed "Good because if you really are some crazy person then I'm jumping back on that bus an going back to where I came from." I lied . "Very funny but I'm not crazy." He stated. We arrived at the doctors office in less than 10 minutes. "That was fast." I explained as we stepped inside. Sam nodded. "Yea is a small town." It was a very small town and a very small office, I expected there to be a waiting space like in London, but is was just one room with everything smashed together. It was oddly still very organized. "Come in Sam it is always nice to see you, "The doctor said happily, "But I don't think I know this young lady." He nodded at me. Sam chuckled "This is Megan Doc." "The Megan?" The doctor asked. "Thats what we're here to find out." Sam stated. "They must be pretty close if he's told him about me" I thought. The man looked like he was in his sixties or seventies. He is tall with a full head of white hair, and light chocolate brown eyes. The Doc as Sam called him, stuck his hand out to me introduced himself, "Hello Megan I'm doctor Shepherd, but you can just call me Jack. I've been the doctor here running this dump for about forty years." He explained. "Nice to meet you doctor Shepherd, oh- sorry um- Jack." I stuttered. I liked this man he was sweet and kind, there was just something about him that I liked. "So I guess I'll be giving you guys a blood test the right?" He asked. "Yes." Sam stated. "Ok then let's get to it." Jack said. "You're first little lady." He said as I followed him to the equipment. Once I was done he told me to send Sam in and wait on the chairs. He pulled a curtain around themselves so I couldn't see them. When they came out the doctor said," This is going to take a few hours you might want to come back later." Explained Jack. "Umm I don't..." I started but Sam cut me off, "Ok we will come back in a couple hours, see you later Doc." Sam said.

--------------------------------------
Genevieve Cortese as Megan

--------------------------------------Genevieve Cortese as Megan

Jared Padalecki as Sam