Inferno carefully laid down onto his scaly stomach peacefully as Cody asked Autumn and Aval, “What do you want to learn about us?”

            Autumn sounded more disappointed than angry as she said, “I want to know how this happened, why it happened, what’s going to happen, and…why you’re acting so mature and formal all of a sudden.”

            Since Cody couldn’t exactly find an answer, he never replied to her, but just gave her a look of sympathy, which surprised him.

            Cody shrugged and began to explain, “That stone I found turned out to be a dragon egg. Me and my dragon have found out that we’re supposed to meet Argos and his rider, and learn the ways of the riders and their dragons. Ever since I found out, I feel more responsible, and I feel like I have to act more mature, but we still have no idea why it happened or what it means for our future.”

            “So you’re just going to sit here and exist?” Aval asked. “When do you actually go to meet Argos?”

            Cody was surprised that he wasn’t even remotely curious about why he was going to meet the only other dragon and rider in existence, let alone that there was another rider.

            “That’s basically it. We don’t know how, when, or why we’re supposed to meet them, we just cling t the fact that we’ll know everything in time,” Cody explained.

            Just then Inferno broke into his thoughts, “He has a point, when will we go to meet them? We’re supposed to wait for them to tell us, but we don’t know how long that will be.”

            “I am well aware. Can you help me think of something to get rid of them though? Perhaps what Argos and his rider are waiting for is you being able to fly and fight, and we can’t or at least shouldn’t practice in front of Aval and Autumn.”

            Inferno gave him a strange glare before replying, “And why not? You have already told them a lot, which makes them even more curious, not to mention Autumn is very skeptical of everything it seems, no doubt she’ll at least watch us anyway.”

            “Then what should I do? There is no way that I am going to help you train in front of them. And I don’t want you to be on your own, especially since she shot you.”

            Inferno twisted his mouth into a sort of smile, giving Cody the impression that he had an idea. Cody watched him as he growled loudly at Avalsmokes and Autumn and very slowly stepped around them on his apparently nimble and flexible legs. He sent a brief glance towards his rider as well as a faint mental message, and Cody instantly knew what to do.

            Cody quietly crept away when Aval and Autumn had their full attention on Inferno, but they were very bored just watching Cody and Inferno talking, when the dragon suddenly growled at them, so they were very fascinated about what was going on. Luckily, he was able to get away and race through the bushes and trees. He left the other three far behind him as he searched for a well-hidden place for Inferno and him to practice everything that they needed to, without being found out by anyone else.

            Occasionally, Inferno sent him images through his eyes of what was happening. Cody saw that Autumn had turned around and noticed he was gone, and pointed it out to her brother, and that was when the dragon raced away towards the edge of the forest. Unfortunately, Autumn quickly notice and took off after him, leaving Aval clueless in the dust behind them. Cody had read a small bit of the book again when he was only half-awake in the morning, and saw that dragons could run surprisingly fast for their average size, but Inferno was still very small, thus Autumn was running much quicker than him.