<46> You Need To Leave

After having a few shots and many more 'Angry Indian's, Dante and I were surely intoxicated. We danced around the large house drunkenly, moving our feet to the beat we sang off key.

Hours of laughs and fun that we would never remember happened until we both conked out, letting the blackness take over.

I woke up before my mate. My head was pounding and my body felt like shit. It was totally worth it, even if I can't remember anything.

Standing, I stretched my body and walked into the hall. The first boy we interviewed stood by my door as soon as I opened it.

"Hello?" I asked, worried about what he might say. I hope to the goddess that he didn't see me totally wasted. I can't be setting a bad example for my pack.

"Alpha Sam." Henry bowed his head.

"What do you need, Henry?"

"I needed to inform you that a strange man has been found on this pack land and he requested to talk to you."

"Who sent you to me?"

"A-Ajax..."

"Did he hurt you?"

"No, he didn't touch me."

"Good." I grunted.

I went back into my room, earning a groan from Henry.

"I'm just getting clothes, I'll be out in a minute." I chuckled.

Quickly, I got dressed and shook Dante awake. He woke with a moan of pain but pushed though it.

"Hey, there's some guy on pack land trying to talk to me, you're going to be there with me."

Dante nodded and got out of bed, pulling on some random clothes.

He stumbled after me as I walked, stopping to ask Henry where I was going.

"Henry!" I got his attention," where am I supposed to be going?"

"To the end of the driveway at the property line."

I smiled politely and thanked him before marching towards my destination.

Dante mumbled incoherent words while gripping onto my shirt.

"Slow down Sammy." He grunted, tripping over his feet. He still hasn't woken up completely and was struggling to follow my stride.

After a few minutes of Dante dragging feet, we finally made it to the pack border.

Ajax had a group of wolves around his, each and every one of them were tense and ready to fight. I raised a curious brow.

"Samuel." A deep voice flowed into my ears. I recognized immediately.

My face screwed up in disgust.

"David." I addressed my father.

"Why are you here with a bunch of faggots?" He snarled.

"Because my mate is in this pack." I snapped.

"Who is she? Is she nice?"

"Like you actually care. You have no affection for mates."

"Don't accuse me of not loving your mother."

"So you loved her so much, you left her to die?"

The man's patience was wearing thin, his jaw ticked.

"Why'd you leave?" I asked.

"I fucking didn't want to die." He scoffed.

"Anyways," David changed the subject," how's your brother?"

"You don't get to ask about him." Ajax growled.

"And who the hell are you?"

"Your son's mate."

"God, Hayden's a fucking fag. I knew I left for a reason."

Ajax growled and Dante grabbed his arm to stop him from attacking my father.

"What about you? You were always my favorite son."

"If you must know, I'm happily mated to the beta of this pack."

"How is the beta a she?"

"God you're fucking stupid. I'm mated to a male!"

"Both my sons are fucking fags? You're a disgrace to this family!"

"Who are you to talk? You fucking cheated on your mate with my mother!" Ajax snarled.

"That's why you attacked our pack." I glanced at the alpha.

He nodded once before glaring at my father.

"You need to leave." Ajax told him.

The man I hadn't seen in a while turned and left. Knowing him my whole life told me he wasn't gonna forever.

"Let's head back to the pack house. He won't do anything now." I stated, griping Dante's hand with all of my strength.

Everyone followed me back to the large house, scattering as soon as we arrived.

Dante followed me up to my room and huffed in frustration.

"I don't like that man." He frowned.

"Hey, he won't do anything to you. I'll try to keep you safe, my love." I kissed his forehead.

"You're not promising?"

"I can't promise you anything."

He looked up at me with fearful eyes.

I was going to try my best to uphold my promise to him, keeping him safe as his dominant, boyfriend, and mate.

Dante laid onto his side and curled into a ball.

"Imma go back to sleep." He murmured.

"I'll be here when you wake up." I rested my chin onto my hand, letting my thoughts run wild.