Corrin

This is bad. Why is she here?

Leo had spotted Camilla gathering up her dress with shaky fingers, and shooting down the stairs in a somewhat graceful manner. He knew she was headed straight for Corrin. But why did she seem so delighted? Why did her eyes bulge out of her head, with her skin flaring up the color of tiger lilies?
Leo suffered a twinge of white hot jealousy. He'd never see the end of that, would he?

"Corrin! I...I cannot believe it! You've come back to us?" Camilla asked breathlessly, her delicate hands pressed to Corrin's cheeks. Leo knew she did that to ensure this was no dream, and that her tearful eyes did not deceive her. Even still...

Camilla obsessed over that backstabber like no other. After everything Corrin had forced them to endure, after stealing away the precious lives of Xander and Elise, she was still treated like family. Leo's blood had begun to boil, but he plastered on such a smile that would fool even the Rainbow Sage. Collecting himself, he waved the crowd off to signal that it was indeed time for the feast; nobody questioned the abruptness of it.
Pigs, Leo scoffed to himself.

     Taking heavy steps down the polished stairs, his steel boots clacking, Leo began his descent towards Corrin. In his mind, he just knew the hell he'd bring the moment she opened her mouth. Leo would never forgive her, never have her believe that she still held any part of his heart. But he made a grave mistake along the way: Looking straight into her eyes. Leo's breath became stuck in his throat, and his mind was becoming fuzzy, half-expecting to drop dead. Those eyes, the pure and dazzling color of love and passion, with the same familiar glint she always seemed to carry. Just for him. Out of his peripheral, Leo swore that her lips had moved. She was smiling.
Stop it, he wanted to say. Stop making me fall for you, again and again and again.

"Leo...I'm so proud of you!"
Dear gods, no. Don't say that.

Corrin's arms were wrapped around him, her head pressed into his chest due to their significant height difference. Leo was impervious to the idea of breaking away from her, and was shameful of himself for returning her embrace. He hugged her too tightly; believing that if he were to loosen even a bit, the floor beneath them would crumble, and only she would fall from his grasp. His right hand stroked the latter part of her luscious, incandescent hair, soft between his fingers. She smelt of vanilla, and Leo took this in slowly, to savor and contrast from the last time he had seen her. He stared blankly past her shoulder, his lips pursed together as if he were desperately trying to keep it together. Camilla smiled sadly at him, then turned on her high heels to find her seat at the dinner table.

     "Why did you come...?" Leo asked cautiously, shaking his head in disbelief. "Why did you come back?"

     From this question, Corrin pulled back to look at him, much to Leo's hidden dismay. Now that he was closer up to her, Leo noticed that she was dressed in attire of a Hoshidan Noble, with bright colors of white, yellow, and blue. Her hair seemed glossier, which only complimented (literally) every part of her demeanor.

     "I couldn't miss your coronation. What kind of sister would I be if I were to do that to you, Leo?"

Sister. Of course.

     Leo felt as if lightning struck him, and his pettiness was back to haunt him. He laughed coldly, clutching Corrin's shoulders and pushing each other away. Perhaps he grabbed her too harshly, for he saw her wince. Regrettably, he let her go.
"...Forgive me. I became too excited. It is such a pleasure to see you here. Perhaps you would care to indulge in the dinner party? You may sit with Camilla, Lysandra and I."