Chapter 11

"What is this?" Arron asked me, as we stood next to each other, our heads down. 

I looked at him apologetic. "Sorry, Had no choice, Josh took over my shift last week, the least I can do is do this for him." I told him.
We both starred down at the yipping dog on the floor, wagging his tail back and forth, like the stupid dog he is.
   He was a huge Yellow Lab, with shiny golden fur. He was a big dog, with crystal brown eyes and his tongue was constantly out of his mouth. This was Josh's Baby. 
   Arron was not happy. I thought that since he was half human he wouldn't mind a dog for one day, but he looked angry, as he kept glaring at the dog. He wasn't angry at me, but at the dog for just existing.
   I sighed and kept doing my shift of the dishes, drying them with the neon towel. I should have expected this. Arron aimlessly glared at the dog, as the dog just starred happily at Arron, too dumb to take a hint.
  "How the hell did this even start?" Arron asked me looking over and leaning against the counter, keeping an eye on the oven that was supposed to beep any minute.
  My mind wandered to Last Night's Shift.
  "Please Y/n! I have a super cute date Tomorrow, it's this all day trip to the Spa! I can't have my baby alone and everyone else I know are Busy. I don't want to waste your day off but..." He sighed and bowed more to me. 
  I smiled and shook my head. "It's fine Josh. You have covered me all this week with my extra classes and stuff going on at my house. I'll watch you precious angel." I sighed. 
  Josh jumped up happily and super hugged me. "Your the Best Y/n!" He smiled and jumped around with me in his eyes, I rolled my eyes and instructed him to put me down. He obeyed and put me down as I continued to make the Latte I was already doing.
   Josh went back to the Cashier, informing me that he would dropped Belletrists off in the morning with food, and everything she needs, with a list of stuff I need to do. I just nodded and stayed in my own state of mind.
   I finished the coffee, looked at the name and sighed. I took the coffee and went to the same table where the man sat.
  It was the same guy. 
  The green eyed man who was a stunning work. 
  I had found him being here almost every night at the same place, working on his computer and ordering the same thing. Sometimes he wouldn't even have to order, he would just place the money down and I would bring it out to him.
  Karin.
  That was his name.
  That night, when I put the coffee on the table, he stopped typing for once, and looked up and me. I tried my best to look away, afraid to be prisoner to his Gaze.
  "Hey." He told to me, and I jumped to his voice.
  This word was different then 'Thanks'.
  I looked back for a second. "Hey." I told him back, the awkwardness leaning on my chest like bricks.
   "Do you think maybe ext time you could grab a coffee of your own and sit with me?" He asked, his eyes on his computer screen as it reflected off his glasses.  
   I honestly did not know what to say. I guess it did count as a date, maybe a little, and Charlotte did tell me I should get a Boy friend. But something didn't feel right about it. Like some part of my brain yelled at me for even standing near him.
  Despite the nervousness I smiled at him. "Sure." I told him and returned to the counter.

   Just the thought of last night made me Blush.I couldn't tell Arron out loud. I saw no reason why not to, but, again, something was off to me.
   Arron eyed me suspiciously. "You doing OK?" He asked me.
  I flashed a look over. Suddenly a pinning in my heart was screaming at me to inform him about it. But I kept my mouth shut and just nodded to Arron, finishing the dishes.  

   We kept at the table and ate out food. The dog sat at our feet, wagging her tail and panting. We ate in silent and enjoyed to food.
  "So Y/n, Your job doing good?" Arron asked me as he starred down at his food and ate. He seemed tense today. He gripped his fork with such strength. 
  I don't know if this was about last week or not. With the Kalb thing he has always been closer, and more Tense. But today was different. I just watched him and swallowed my food. "Ya, it was fine, nothing out of the ordinary." I kept the date part out of the sentence. 
  He nodded, glaring at his plate.
  Belletrists whined at my feet. I starred down at her and smiled. I patted her head and took a piece of the meat we were having, I sneaked it under the table and she licked it off my fingers. I giggled.
  Arron's ears perked and his eyes grew wide in my direction. 
  "Did you just feed the Dog?" He asked surprised.
  I looked away sheepishly. 
  Suddenly a sentence popped into my mind from last night, I had pushed past it when I was deep in thought, but now, Josh's words came as clear as day.
  "I trust you with her. After all taking care of Arron must be the same right?" He chuckled.

I stopped eating.
 I know Josh was just messing around, but he didn't know Arron was half Cat. He didn't know I feed Arron like a pet, I take care of him like one. Was Arron, a Pet to me?
  I shook my head. I would never say that out loud. Arron would get mad, seeing how he hates the word so much. I wonder if he sometimes thinks of me as a owner, just maybe, but I highly doubt it.
   Belletrists wagged her tail as I put the dishes away and barked a few times. "Do you want to play?" I asked her in a high tone.
  The dog barked happily and jumped around. I nodded and headed over to the living room. Arron was close at my heels with the weird look on his face.
  I took some of the dog toys that laid all over my living room and started to play with her. I actually enjoyed it. It was the first time in the long time I have played with a pet. Arron just stood in the corner and watched me with a stinging eyes.
   "Do you have a problem Arron?" I asked him, tossing the ball up in the air a couple of times.
  Arron rolled his eyes at me. He just sat Angrily on the couch.
  I kept playing with the dog, every once in a while I would look in Arron's Direction. No matter how  much I tried, the word Pet popped into my head too many times. Too many things were happening to my life right now. 
   A started living with a Half Man Cat, I became friends with a huge Rich Girl who used to hate me, and I just got a date with a Guy!
   Before I meet Arron my life was nothing but simple, just me doing my job and going to school. I had everything set. I knew what I wanted to be, I knew where I wanted to go, and Why. But now, I'm not sure. 

  How long is Arron going to stay at my House?

  The question flew threw my head, causing my brain to hurt. My heart raced a mile a minute. I haven't thought of that before. Arron had only been with me a few months. But even so, in those few months I had gotten used to him.
   But what am I supposed to do?
   Arron can't live with me forever, he must have something he wanted to do. Somewhere he wants to go. And I have plans too, don't I? How will I even part with Arron? It's not like we can keep in touch. He doesn't have a phone or anything.
  I bite my lip harshly, and I didn't even notice I hadn't even thrown the ball. My head was spinning. A stinging pain grew in my chest. I couldn't help it.  I had no idea where it was from, but it was as if I was mad at myself.
  Arron's eyes glared wholes threw me. He sure looked pissed at the dog, but with all this thinking, I might have gotten the idea that he might be mad at me soon. Perhaps he caught my bluff, and knows about my date. That would be Bad.
  Wait.
  Why would that be bad? 
  Why should I even Care if Arron Knows. He lives with me, and even if he can be attached to me sometimes, we are just roommates. Just roommates.
  That brought more pain to my chest.
  I know I need to tell him. Maybe it will take some of the pain away. I clenched my fist.
  "Arron?" I asked my breath caught. 
  Arron's ears perked up suddenly, he looked curious. My hands were shaking, I couldn't breath. I was about to speak something when the doorbell rang.

  "Sup!" Josh said at the door, waving when I opened it. Arron came from behind me after placing on his beanie. At last it was time for the Dog to return home. I didn't know whether to be happy or Sad.
  I slowly Patted his head, playing with his hair as Josh got his leash on.
  "How did the Date go?" I asked Josh trying to get my head off things. Josh nodded and began to mumble about his date when I wasn't really listening. I was thinking of what to say after he left the house.
  When he left the house left quiet. 
  Arron surprised me when he came up from behind and hugged me by the waste. "Finally the Mutts Gone." He growled with a smile on his face. That answered whether he was mad at me or not. But I was too confused for this. My head hurt too much to deal with Arron.
  Before I knew it Arron had dragged me to the couch and forced me to sit on his lap.
  "Arron- Stop-" I told him struggling to get out of his grasp. 
  Arron held me tighter to him. He rested his head on his shoulder. "What's up with you today? You should know I get too jealous when your with other guys." He sighed hot breaths onto my neck. It ran a chill down my spine. 

  "What am I to you!?" 

  I blurted it out, without meaning to. It just popped out. I blushed. Arron took it by surprise as well, he seemed shocked. And it was silent for a minute. Soon enough he was chuckling softly in my ear.
  "Important." He said.
  My eyes shocked as I turned suddenly around. He then kissed me heavenly on the Cheek. It was warm and it tickled. I didn't stop him for some reason. As if magic, all the confusion threw my head suddenly disappeared.  I blushed madly and relaxed my face, allowing him to kiss me down to my neck and wrap his arms around my stomach.
  He was warm.

   Arron was definitely not a pet to me. That's for sure.