Chapter Fifteen

"Talk to me. What do we got?" I heard someone yell.

"20-year-old female. She was found by her Staff Sergeant and friend. Possible broken ribs, bruises to her face, and a deep laceration to her inner left thigh but we're unsure how extensive the damage is to it."

I felt someone force my eyelids open and a light was shined into my eyes. "Honey, can you hear me? My name is Dr. Burgess. Can you tell me your name? Can you tell me what happened?"

"She hasn't said anything since the ride here. She's lost a good amount of blood."

"He did this." I heard what sounded like Crys' voice answer her question.

"Who?"

"Alex; her boyfriend." she replied coldly. "He's been abusing her."

"Do you know how long this has been going on?" I hear someone ask.

"I don't know, months maybe?" she sniffles. "I tried to get her away from him, but she wouldn't listen to me."

"Ok, let's get an IV started and get her set for a blood transfusion."

I started to drift when I heard the doctor start to talk to me again. "Sweetheart, can you hear me? Everything is going to be ok. You're safe now..."

...

"Bubbles." a voice whispered softly to me.

I groaned at the sound of the voice, but I kept my eyes closed. I just want to sleep. Please just let me sleep.

"Wakey, wakey sleepyhead." the voice whispered again. Once again I groaned, but this time my eyes slowly fluttered open. My vision was so blurry, all I could make out was a large figure standing over me. I could hear the voice say something else, but it was hard to understand.

"What did you say?" I groaned. The figure then leaned down and my eyes became wide with fear. The figure was no longer blurry, but clear as day. I began to panic as I looked into the eyes of the man who sent me here to begin. His eyes were black as night and he wore a sinister grin on his face.

"Oh Bubbles." he laughed. "What are we gonna do with you?"

~~~~~~~~

My eyes shot open and I sat up, looking around the darkness of the room. When I realized that I was back in my bedroom, I brought my knees to my chest and placed my down on top, slowly trying to regain control of my breathing. Tears slowly fell as the dream replayed in my head. Not again. I thought to myself. Ever since I received that note, I've been having nightmares and flashbacks of what happened, each one worse than the last. After everything that had happened with Alex, I would have nightmares about him every night. I would dream that he had found where I was and would kill me. Four years later, he had found his way back into my dreams and into my life.

As I tried to clear my mind, I felt a warm hand slowly slide up my back, causing me to jump a little. I felt the bed shift and soon JJ's bare chest was pressed against my back, softly placing kisses on my shoulder.

"Baby?" he whispered in my ear, his voice both concerned and sleepy. "You ok?"

"Yea." I lie, quickly wiping the tears from my face before turning to face him. "Just a bad dream."

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"No, uh, I'm good." I sniffle.

The look on his face told me he didn't believe me, but I simply smiled and placed a quick kiss onto his lips. "I'm fine, JJ. Lay back down." I motioned for him to lay back down on his pillow and I do the same. His arms wrap around my waist and pulls me close to him, kissing the top of my forehead. I place my head onto his chest and close my eyes, silently praying that Alex's face won't appear again tonight.