chapter 17

i couldn't believe it. why was he here? "hel-" his words were cut off by the shock of seeing me. i have only seen him in pictures well only one or two pictures. why was here on this day in all days?! anger was building up inside me but most of all hurt and all this other emotions. "Jessica?" "what?" i said a bit harsh but he deserves it showing up here on thanksgiving even though i have no idea why we celebrate it cause we are Canadian but i guess its cause her boss is American. "i cant believe its you after all this time." he came in and hugged me. i didn't want to hug him back but that empty space in my heart was being filled the longer he hugged me. i wrapped my arms around his neck and snuggled my face lightly into his chest. "i missed you Jessie." "i missed you to daddy." when we broke our hug my mom came down the stairs in a dark blue satin dress that went to the floor and tied around her neck. she had her hair up in a fancy bun thing and pearl earrings and her wedding ring on. she always wore it in hopes he would come back but she soon gave up after 14 years.

her jaw dropped to the floor and ran down the steps. tears filled her eyes as she slowly came up to us. "Derek." "andrea baby i missed you." "why are you here Derek?" anger was building in her voice. "because i realized i cant live with out you." "after 14 years you realized that?" "andrea im sorry its just i wasn't ready to raise a child but i was foolish and i would do anything to be apart of her life." "im sorry Derek but its a no its for her own good and mine we have done just fine with out you  and she doesn't need some one who will probably walk out again." "i wont leave i promise." "no Derek good bye." she pushed him out the door.  my heart broke but she was right i didn't need that i am already going through a lot and i don't need anything else and as much as i was happy to see him it broke my heart to know that he wanted to be apart of my life AFTER i grew up.

as the door closed with him on the other side of my mom began to cry. "mom don't cry you will mess up your makeup and you don't want the people to see that." "i know Jessie but it ferrates me that he thinks he can just come back here like nothing happened!" "i know it does that to me to but at least he tried but your right mom but lets just get back to setting up cassy is in there all by her self poor thing."

she wiped her tears making sure her mascara didn't come off and we walked in the kitchen everything was set up beautifully and decorated. after i thanked cassy and hugged her i put some snacks out on the glass table in the living room and decorated a little in there too.

pretty soon people came and we all socialized but luke came with his dad and tried to get me to kiss him all night which i gladly rejected him not only cause my mom was watching me like a hawk and cassy kept giving him death glares and threating him she would kill him but i didn't like him any more.