11/22/1963 Ch.3

Day:November 26,1963

Character:John F. Kennedy

Time:11:21 am

The President of the United States of America walked through the rooms of the hostpital,intent on finding one person.No it wasn't Jackie it was a Secret Service Guard who had been shot in the leg while 11/22/63 had happened.

He tapped on the door gently and a soft voice said,"Come in."

John opened the door and stepped inside,closing the door behind him as he turned to face a pale looking young man with warm green eyes and blondish hair with black streaks.A horrible scar was latched agaisnt his right leg as he gazed at the Presidnet with his warm eyes.He waited for Kenendy to take a seat right next to the chair that was at his side."So what brings my favorite President today?"the man asked,his voice gentle but still full of pain.

"No need to strike my ego,Bobby."

"Fine,second best,"Bobby Kennedy chuckled,rolling his warm green eyes."Anyway what's on your mind?"

"Nothing,just checking out to see what you were doing."

"You do realize I can notice something when you're not saying?"The gentle look in the man's eyes glowed brighter but he trained them on the President instead of anything else."Does this have to do with something Jackie was yelling avout?"

John sighed."I don't know where to start."

"At the beginning is usually good."

"Alright."The young President took a deep breath and began baring his soul to his (younger?)brother."We went to Dallas on the 22.But..."he tapped his chin."there were two shots that both missed me and they struck Governor Connelly."

"What?!"Bobby's face,which had been calm and collective,until now was a now a mask of puzzlement.

"I know it's hard to believe,but my gut is telling me so.They tried to kill me.It was only sheer luck that saved me."

"Jack,I know your instincts are always right,but that just isn't possible.I mean who in the world would want to bomb and kill the most important man in the world?You've done many great things in your life I'm sure you have no enemies!"

"Bobby,I believe what I saw.They tried to kill me right in front of Jackie.I'm figuring out it was a bunch of Cuban people.Declaring war might be another mistake."

"And will you?"

"Maybe,Maybe not,"the President said,gazing intently at his brother."For we could know there would be a traitor among our ranks."He sighed."I don't know.Am I growing soft again?Dear God,I hope not."

"No,Jack.There's nothing wrong with you.Knowing when you want to fight is a natural part of life.What you should do is warn them to back off and then if they don't listen,declare war.Besides,"he gave his brother a small smile."If these assassins do prove to be trouble they won't be a match for you wil they?"

John laughed weakly."Thank you,brother.I really needed to get that weigh off my chest."

"Anytime.However,that's about all the good I'll be able to do you until these doctors realize I'm strong enough to get back out in the field."

"I'll have Jackie tell them if you'd like."

"It would be great to get out of this prison."

"Of course that means you wouldn't have any excuse to sit around and do nothing while the world will enter another World War."

"Now,now,there's no need to rush things."Bobby's face had an expression of mock fear and he held up his good hand definsevly.The two both laughed at the joke.