Chapter 1

*just to let you know, the chapters will always start with Diana's point of view, unless I say otherwise*

I woke up with the sun peeking through the blinds in the bedroom. I stretched and rubbed my eyes as I heard the soft pitter patter of feet enter the room, and my Goldendoodle puppy, Maggie.

Maggie had her tongue hanging out of her mouth and I stroked her smooth, curly fur. She laid down on my lap and closed her eyes. "Hi, baby." I whispered and held her in my arms.

I walked into the kitchen, still holding her, and realized that Pepper wasn't here. I opened the cupboard and took out a can of dog food. As I opened it, I noticed a note on the counter.

Diana,

Sorry that I left so early, but I have a lot of things I need to get done. I should be back around midnight or by the time you wake up tomorrow.

~Pepper

I sighed and set the note back down. "Guess it's just you and me today, Mags," I said to the feeding puppy.

I turned the TV on, and the news was on. I don't normally watch the news, because it bores the heck out of me.

After quite a few hours of mindlessly staring at the TV and my laptop screen, it had finally become dark outside. I heard three knocks at my door and Maggie started to bark.

I opened the door and a man with black hair that fell just above his shoulders strode in. "Um, come in?" I said sarcastically.

"Are you Diana Stark?" He asked in a British accent.

I saw that he was wearing a strange outfit, green, gold and black medieval-ish outfit. He had a spear that had a glowing blue orb at the top. With him was Agent Clint Barton, a man from SHIELD who I had met once before. His eyes were not their normal color, but a glowing blue, much like the sphere in the strange man's spear.

"That's my business, not yours. Who are you, anyways? And how did you find me?" I said, picking up my dog and taking a few steps back.

He laughed maniacally and replied, "I am Loki, of Asgard. I am burdened with glorious purpose."

"And why are you here?" I asked, my voice starting to shake.

He's the man that Phil was talking about earlier. But why was he here? Why was he looking for me?

"I've come for you. Come with me," he said and Barton took me by the arm.

"Let go of me, Barton!" I said, trying to wriggle out of his grasp.

"Oh, that's not the Barton you know. I've put a trance over him so he does whatever I tell him to." Loki said.

I was shoved out the door, and into a truck. "Where are you taking me?"

"To our base. Don't worry, you'll have plenty of clothes and other necessities for you." Loki answered.

I started to panic a little. Why is Loki kidnapping me? What have I done?

I clutched my dog tighter as the engine started up. My hands we shaking and I reached for the phone that vibrated in my pocket.

"It's no use calling anyone," Barton said.

I sighed and decided that it was no use fighting back. I doubted that this Loki guy would hurt me. I'm sure that he's going to use me to bribe the Avengers, specifically my brother. Tony would never let anything bad happen to me.

"What is that thing you have?" Loki asked and gestured to Maggie.

"She's a dog. People keep them as pets. You don't have dogs in Asgard?" I answered.

He shook his head. The truck finally stopped, and I was pushed into the building. "I have legs for a reason!" I snapped and Barton backed off.

Barton went to go work with Erik Selvig, a scientist who's friends with Jane Foster. Jane is Thor's "girlfriend".

Loki went to talk to them, and I just barely overheard them. "What did it help you find?" Loki asked Barton.

"My next target." He answered and pulled out his bow.

"What do you need?"

"A ride," he paused, "and an eyeball."

I shuddered at the thought of what he would need an eye for. I walked around a bit more, until I found a room. It was big, with double doors. I walked into it, and found the bedroom. There was a giant king-sized bed with silky sheets. Maggie barked softly and jumped on it. I ran my hands along the gold sheets and looked out at the balcony.

"Like what you see?" A voice asked from behind me, causing me to jump.

I turned around and Loki was standing behind me. "Um, yeah I guess."

"It's for you." He said.

"Why? Why am I here? What did I do?" I asked, and sat down on the bed.

He sighed and leaned against the doorway, "I need to use you. If SHIELD knows that I have you, they'll surrender."

"I don't want to be here," I said.

"I know, and I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about that." He said.

"You could take me back to DC..."

"No, I can't do that," he stepped really close to my face, "you're....stuck with me." He whispered the last part.

His face was so close to mine that I could feel his breathing. "Um, I need some air." I said and quickly walked out to the balcony.

He chuckled softly to himself and left the room. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed Pepper's number.

"Diana! Where are you?!" She asked in a panicked tone.

"Pepper, calm down I'm fine. I've been taken by Loki and he's holding me captive. He isn't going to hurt me, I promise. I'll be fine, just let this play out and don't call Fury. I'm afraid people might die." I explained.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yes, I'm sure. He's just using me as bait, but I have a feeling it isn't going to work that well. I really have to go, now. I'm not supposed to be on the phone. I'll text you later."

"Alright, stay safe, Diana." She said.

"I will," I answered and she hung up.

Barton walked into the room, "Diana, we are leaving." He stated.

"Okay...and you're telling me this, why?" I asked.

"Because," he said and stepped forward to grab my arm, "you're coming with us."

-----

What do you guys think? I know I really only have one reader right now...but I still want to ask :)