Chapter 12 "The Past and Present Events."

Začít od začátku

 ***

"Sir you mustn't. This is unreasonable. We already out numbered."

The king just stared at the general. Not taking his words into consideration. "We must end this war." He told him.

Then he walked towards the map at the other end of the room resting on a small table, not giving his first in command a backwards glance.

King James really had enough of the this war. It has been almost two years and still they weren't any closer at finding Killoran's hideout or any of his men whereabouts for that matter. Well, at least not until now.

"Send the prisoner in." the king said to two of his solders, who a couple minutes later, came back with a grimy, looking man, who has been place in a cell for three days without any food or water.

"Please!" The prisoner said as the solders placed him in front of the king. He was obviously, pleading for his life, but the king new it was war. He couldn't show any mercy.  

As he  looked at the hostage, he tried not to show any emotion as he simply said. "This is simple. You tell me were your ruler lies and maybe I will save your life."

"Like I said before, I don't know where he stays." The prisoner stated as he looked at the king square in the face with revenges

But the king knew better.

He then turned to the two soldiers who brought the hostage in and nodded. The soldiers went to the table that didn't just have a map, but two knifes seating beside it. Then the king told the general. "Tie him up."  

"No!" The captive shouted as the general placed him in a chair and started tying him with rope. 

You see, I thing I've been very lenient with you for the past couple days. Maybe nourishment doesn't matter to you as pain does?" The king questioned.

The two soldiers walked up to the dishonorable man and place both knifes towards his face.

"Now, I'm going to say it once more. You either tell me were the hideout is or this time I will allow one of my soldiers to cut out your left cheek." The king said again. However, once more the prisoner said the same thing.

"Find then. Your choice."

Then one of the soldiers started curving in his cheek. He let out a cry, then gave in. "Find, find! I will tell you where Killoran stays!"   

Good." The king eyed him. "Where?"

"On SunMountain." The criminal said in defeat.

The king nodded once more to two of his soldiers. "Take him back to his cell."

As the soldiers started dragging the prisoner out the door, the king went to the map and marked SunMountain with an x.

The general spoke up for the first time since the interrogation. "I still think sending our men into this battle is a death wish. After all, we don't know how many supporters or fighters he has."

The king knew this, but he also knew if he didn't do something fast, more people and villages will die at his hands.

"Round up the troops. We had out at dawn." The king ordered.

"Yes, sir." The general said, giving up at trying to reason with him.

***

The king sighed as he stopped at the Stephen Barnard's office door and knocked. Just shy of forty-five, he was already getting gray hair. Stress has weight him down during the years. Kingship has become more and more tiresome in the last twenty years, especially with the war still at hand. Hopefully, Stephen finally had something good and important for him regarding the war.