"Hey, look at me," he commands, and I reluctantly force myself to look into his eyes. Unlike in the living room, his eyes are a lighter shade of azure. However, they still strongly pull me into a hypnotic spell. "See, you aren't fine. If you were, you wouldn't be crying," he comforts. His grip on my arm loosens, and he leads me to my bed. I sit closely beside him, and subconsciously, I rest my head on his shoulder.

"You're mad," I state quietly after a moment of silence. Hunter affectionately pulls me closer to him, and I revel in his warmth.

"Princess, I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at the fool that did you wrong," he mumbles into my hair.

The ear-splitting silence lays on my shoulders, suffocating me. I can't explain, not yet. He wouldn't understand. He'd look at me like the whore that I am. He would make a poor excuse and leave me just like he did. There was nothing I could do then, and there's nothing I can do now.

"Princess, what happened? Tell me, please," Hunter coaxes the words out my trembling lips.

"Six years ago, I was married. For three years, I was married. It wasn't the best of marriages, but I'm fine now. He left my when I was 24 for another girl in New Jersey. We parted ways with nothing to show for our journey, but that's okay. He's over me, and I'm over him," I finish strongly, wiping my eyes and sitting up straight.

Hunter seems disappointed that I didn't spill all the beans, but that's all that he needs to know. Disapproving of the small amount of information I did grant him with, his jaw clenches in anger, and he seems as if he could blow a gasket any minute. Although he doesn't know all the details, he tenderly kisses my forehead and pulls me in for a hug. A bit shocked by his actions, but yet apprehensive of what is to come, I willingly accept his warm embrace.

"Princess, your past is the past for a reason. It's not going to affect the future, and it sure as hell won't affect my opinion towards you. We are going to get married, and I couldn't care less if the dress is white. I just care who's wearing the dress," he finishes with a confident smirk.

I laugh lightly, gleefully. "Could you skip this mushy stuff and just kiss me already?" I state boldly.

Without further prolonging, our lips lock, and I find myself enjoying waves of fire and ecstasy run through me. His sweet, tantalizing lips brush over my skin, leaving a burning trail down my neck. Mindlessly, I tumble back on my bed, with Hunter hovering over me. For a second, navy blue orbs lock with emerald ones. A fire of lust burns in his eyes, matching mine. My dainty fingers work at the buttons on his shirt. Instead of on my body, my clothes decorate the floor, along with his shirt and trousers. Before he discards what's left of my outfit, he asks for permission.

"Are you sure?" Although his voice is husky with need, there's a tinge of concern and tenderness.

My raspy voice reassures him, "Yes." With one word for an answer, he ravishes my skin.

Awoken by the bright rays of sun flashing through my window, my eyes flutter open, but I crankily turn back over and bury myself further into the warm figure beside me. Nope, not a morning person. A soft chuckle fills the air, creating eruptions of butterflies in my stomach. I force my eyes open to meet Hunter's.

"Hey Sleeping Beauty," he greets in a tired voice. I grumble to myself, and then roll back around, turning my back to him. Another laugh reaches my ears. "Babe, are you not a morning person?" he asks with a hint of mock.

"I'm tired, hungry, and sore. Don't mess with me," I warn, my eyes still closed.

"Not to mention cranky," Hunter adds with another laugh.

"Shut up," I mutter jokingly.

"Coffee?" he offers.

"Please," I answer with pleading eyes.