She's Cold

Zach's POV

We are back at Gallagher. Cammie's mom needed to go out in the field and she had asked Joe Solomon to help her, so Cam is filling in for headmistress and I am replacing Joe in Cove Ops for the time being. We had only been here for four days, but even though it had been six years since we graduated, it was still home. Especially to Cam. That's why after class, when I went to find her in her moms office and she wasn't there, I knew she had gone into the passage ways.

As I walk to the passage way I was sure she would be in, I start to wonder why. She usually only wanted to get away and hide when she had to think. So what was it this time?

As I sneak up to her favourite hiding place, I see her sitting in an old bean bag chair. I wonder if she brought that in here. I remember there used to be one in here before it burned down, but it couldn't be the same one. She is in deep thought as she stares out the window. She seems to be upset though, she has her legs pulled up and is hugging them. I walk up to her and sit down and pull her into my arms, then I ask, "What's on your mind?"

She looks up at me, tears threatening to fall as she fights to keep them in. "Not much." She lies.

She's cute to think that might actually work. "You and I both know that's not the truth. Good try though." She laughs a little at that. I much prefer when she laughs and when she is happy, I'd give the world to see her happy. But I will always be there for her when she's not. "So, what are you thinking about?" I ask again after a bit of silence.

She takes a deep breath before she whispers, "Something your mother said to me, right before she blew up the Gallagher Academy." I tense. I do not like to think about my mother.

Without hesitation, I say, "You know everything my mother ever said was a lie."

"I know," She says as she turns her head to look out the window. "But I'm starting to think this wasn't."

All I could do was sit there and try to comfort her. So that is what I did. I pulled her into my chest and hugged her as we sat there in silence, giving both of us time to think.

I don't want to push it, but I do need to know, so I ask, "What did she say?"

"You're probably going to think I'm silly, for feeling like this." She says with a short laugh, as if it is a joke. Which it clearly isn't. Not to her at least.

"No I'm not."

She relaxes her head on my shoulder and we sit there for a while before she says, "She said I'm just like her."

Without thought I answer, "That is not true." Because it's not.

"She said I'm just like her," She repeats as the tears start to fall. I go to wipe them away as she continues, "And maybe she's right."

"No, Gallagher Girl-" I start, but before I can finish, she keeps going.

"She pointed out some good facts." Then a short laugh and shakes her head before saying, "Good. Facts."

She paused a bit before continuing. "She said that we both love to get lost, I know I do. She had found at least the same amount of passageways I have, if not more. She also said that boys always fall for girls like their mothers. Isn't that true? Is that what made you fall for me?"

I have heard that before, so I can't deny that it might be true. But I can explain the truth. As I wipe the tears off of her cheeks, I say, "No. What made me fall for you was how warm you are. My mother was always cold. Cold as in she didn't think of others, cold as in she wouldn't think twice about killing someone to get what she wanted. Cold, that she could just walk away from that unfazed and unaffected, but not you." The tears start to slow as I continue. "I remember your first kill. You were traumatized, you kept blaming yourself for everything that had happened. My mother would've never been like that. And that is what makes you different. You put others before you, you will do anything for the ones you love. You always try to do the right thing, and that, that is what sets you apart from my mother. That is why I love you." I say, and every word of it is the truth.

"Thank you." She whispers as she hugs me.

I smile knowing that she is feeling a bit better. Before long, I notice her breaths have evened out. She is asleep, not wanting to wake her, I just relax and fall asleep as well.

A/N: Hey guys, I didn't mean to post this late, but here we are. If you guys have any ideas, or scenes you want me to write, please, leave a comment or direct message and I will gladly write it for you! Please if you have anything, positive or negative, leave me a comment. I love the feedback. Nova, Winter, "What's the matter, Cammie? Did you forget that we are sisters?" I will see you on your day.