Leaving Home

I woke up to the sound of the door bell ringing. My eyes fluttered open to only to shut again when the sun hit them. "Uggh" I groaned, why did the sun have to be so bright? I shoved my bed covers onto the floor knowing they would be picked up by the maid later. I slowly crossed the room trying to find my dressing gown, while shielding my eyes from the sun. I was tugging on the sleeve of my dressing gown when I heard my mother scream. I stopped and listened. "LEXI!" screamed my father from down stairs. I waddled down stair still trying to shove my dressing gown on. When I walked into the dining room I saw my parents faces they were not happy. I walked over to the table and picked up a green apple taking a bight of it letting the sweet yet sour juice spread across my taste buds. "What's up with you guys?" I said taking another bight "you look like somebody died?". "This is no laughing matter young lady" my dad said his brow burrowing. My mother sat down slowly being carful not to wrinkle her new business dress. She pulled back a lock of her curly blonde hair behind her ear to reveal a pearl earing. "We need to talk" she said slowly yet sternly. "About?" I asked still munching on my apple. She picked up a white envelope and waved it in my direction. I dropped my apple, crap. My report card. "When did that come?" "In the mail..." "Who sent it?" "The school." "But how..." "The school made an extra copy and posted it to us as they knew you would do something like this" said my mother her voice getting angrier by the minute. "I can explain-" "No need Lexi, we know you shredded the report card and we know you lied to us" my dad butted in. "How did you get such bad grades?" my mum asked her voice breaking, she sounded like she was going to cry. "I don't kno-" "This will not be tolerated young lady, we will take action" shouted my dad. "what do you mea-" "You will receive tutoring every night and on the weekends, you will take study sessions with your mum and me and also with the school. Your grounded for the rest of the month and you will not come out of your room unless we call or to use the bathroom. You will not fail again." my father said not tearing his eyes form mine. I hated him.

I looked at my mother for support but she just stared at table. I cant believe this, I was being locked up in my own home. Anger bubbled up inside me. "No" I whispered. "What?" asked both of my parents. "NO" I shouted "You will not control me! I'm not some pet that you can keep locked up!".

I walked out the room and stormed up the stairs into my room. I packed my suite case with my clothes and precious belongings. Once i'd finished packing I through on a pair of jeans and a jumper. I tied the laces on my converse, and grabbed my phone, bag and jacket. I walked down the stairs trudging my belongings with me when I reached the font door I heard my fathers voice "Where do you think your going young lady?" he asked with his arms across him chest. "As far away from you as possible" I shouted unlocking the front door. "If you walk out of this door you will not be welcomed back, do you hear me?" screamed my father. "Fine by me" I screamed rushing out the door when I got down the driveway I heard my name then the door slam behind me. I walked down to the bus stop and sat on the bench. Gosh, what have I done? I pulled out my phone and dialed the number to my best friend Lucas. "Hello?" "Lucas!" "Lexi? hey what's wrong you don't sound to good?" "I need your help, I got into a fight with my parents and I need somewhere to stay, can I stay with you? Please!" "Well... I guess but you must know I live with a couple of guys" "Guys?" "Yeah..? Guys. But they wont bother you" "Well... I guess its better than the park bench" "You have my address on your phone"

I hung up and checked my phone. 66 Maple street, not far from here. I picked up my bag and started to walk. When I arrived at the flat I buzzed the buzzer and waited for an answer. "Hello?" asked a deep voice. I could hear dance music in the background. "Hi its Lexi, Lucas sent me" I said trying to sound confident. "Ahh, so your Lexi come on up" he said and the door clicked open. I opened the door and trudged up the stairs pulling my suite case behind me. When I reached the front door Lucas was already standing there waiting for me. "Hay" I said giving him a hug. He pulled back to look at me. His eyes were amazing, they were a light blue with flecks of green and gold around the pupil. "Come on in" he said taking my bag and leading me through the door. The flat was bigger on the inside than what it looked on the outside. The walls were cream with paintings and picture frames hanging up. The music had gotten louder the more Lucas led me into the living room. The was purple with more pictures hanging up. The carpet was a chocolate brown colour that surprisingly made you hungry. Weird. There was a coffee table with bear cans and a laptop on it, the TV was on the wall and blasting football scored out the speakers. There was a clock in the corner shaped as a owl. It looked like a normal living room.

Why was it so quite? I looked around and saw 5 pair of eyes staring at me including Lucas's. The TV was off and so was the music. I started back awkwardly and blushed. "Hey im Lexi".