I was still getting through the pain of missing him. I didn't have time to worry about the fact that I'd lost the love of my life. So I'd moved on. I pushed the pain into the back of my mind, and worked everyday to make sure it never came back.

But pulling into the parking lot of our old apartment building for the first time in two months, had the pain slithering back faster than I'd intended. I never thought something so simple could hurt so much.

I shook my head, shutting the car door behind me. I had left in such a rush two months ago. I hadn't even considered what it would feel like to come back to this place, having those same old memories flood my brain the way they always did. But I needed to do this, if I was ever going to move on.

The walk up the stairs was all too familiar. I counted each step as I walked up, and by the time I had gotten to the fourth floor, I had lost count of how many I'd stepped up. The memories of Chase and I laughing as we raced up these same stairs were too much to keep a clear head.

I bit into my lip nervously before peeking down the hall, taking notice that the door to our apartment had been left ajar. I strode up the last step, making my way over to the door. I didn't look back back as I pushed through and walked inside.

"Hey," he laughed, kicking a stray box out of my path. He had always been considerate like that. "I wasn't sure you'd show."

"I kind of had to," I teased. "Someone had to be here to sign the papers."

I reached into my bag, pulling out the folded rental agreement to the apartment. This one document, would help me leave my old life behind. This was that last thing I ever thought that I would want, but leaving Berkeley behind for good was the best option I could come up with.

"I'm just happy to see you," he smiled before pulling me into a hug.

"Me too, Zac," I whispered. "Me too."

He pulled away, taking the papers with him when he made his into the kitchen. As he left, all I could do was look in awe at the old apartment that now looked so new.

After finding out that Chase had up and left, Lewis had insisted that I move with him to Los Angeles. It would be a new beginning for the both of us, and I honestly couldn't think of a better way to start my new life without Chase or Alan.

Though, both Chase and I moving out, had left our apartment empty. So I had offered the place to Zac and his sister, who both agreed they needed to get out of the dorms. Since Christmas break, they'd been renovating the place, and I could barely recognize the apartment that Chase and I had once come to love.

"Thanks for the suggestions on the paint, by the way," Zac smiled. He pulled a pen out of the cup near the refrigerator. There were stray plastic plates littering the counter around the sink. It reminded me of Lewis' and my own apartment back in LA. Our place was a mess at the moment. "The light green really accents the rest of the apartment."

I smiled and hopped up onto the counter behind Zac, "I thought it might."

The silence loomed over us as Zac read over the final terms of their rental agreement. Chase's and my own father would technically be the landlords, but seeing as I had driven back to Berkeley for a lunch with the men in question, they had sent me to get the agreement signed.