Chapter 17- It's Time To Start Living

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"I'm sure you were." He scoffed rolling his eyes, "You could have asked me I would have gone with you." He offered. 

"I was going to but I heard how you were going to the game with Mitch and I didn't want to discourage you from going." I said shaking my head remembering the reason why I hadn't asked him. 

"There are plenty of games but there's only one desperate time when you need a plus one to your brother's wedding." He chuckles shrugging his shoulders, "But it's whatever. I mean what's done is done."

"Yeah what's done is done." I repeated. I stared at him for a moment and without really thinking I just blurted it out, "I think I regret it, but you know I see why he does it. He's only trying to help." Did I really regret it or was I trying to make myself believe it.

Jason brought his head back to look at me like I was crazy, "After years of being disgusted by what he does now you're defending him?" Jason scoffs shaking his head. 

I sighed running my hand through my hair again, "He's only helping and I realized even though it looks whorish of him he-"

"You're right it does make him look like a walking STD and girls are oblivious to it. But I thought out of all people you would see that." Jason interrupts, shaking his head. When he opened his mouth to talk I interrupted this time and spoke over him. 

"Well it's not like I paid him for sex, Jason. It is far from it. We held hands and meaninglessly flirted." I explained. It's not like Jeremy is a prostitute or a paid escort. But Jason was right, I am smarter than most of those girls and I hated to think that I ended up being one of them. 

"No feelings attached, right?" He sums up shrugging his shoulders. 

I paused for a moment and saw over his shoulder Jeremy leaning against a wall near by watching us. I highly doubt he could hear the conversation because of the loud music, I hoped not anyways, "Yeah no feelings." I agreed softly. I looked down in my red solo cup and drowned back the rest of the alcohol. 

Ever since the day we got back I didn't talk to Jeremy. We didn't stay friends like we promised each other and I'll tell the truth, I wasn't disappointed. After coming back and learning that he was sexting Kate Johns what could have been throughout the whole weekend with me, and then coming back and telling me he liked me, I learned how twisted and manipulative Jeremy could actually be. I never thought once that Jeremy would be that kind of guy. What I needed to do was block him out of my mind because my memory so kindly always reminded me every night when my head hit the pillow, being with him would hurt me. Emotional pain was not something I took lightly and I wasn't going to restart that agony to myself again. 

Carly had pulled me towards a group of people who all set up a game of beer pong. I've played beer pong three times in my life. Once was with my brother and his friends at his graduation party, another was in the dorm room, and lastly the dark time when I dated Jimmy and we went to one of his College parties. On all those experiences I found it was not hard to get a single, hollow, plastic ball into the many solo cups. To say that, you can figure I got a little tipsy. 

I didn't know anybody around the table besides Carly. They found out quickly that I was new to this whole party crowd and gave me first dibs. They looked shock when I made my first dunk and gulped down the flat taste of beer. Now maybe I should purposely aim for the worst so I don't have to drink this nasty stuff. Being in New York with my family must have really set my expectations for alcohol high.