Lovers and Friends

No P.O.V

  Everyone was sitting at Jacob and Kyrsten's house for Christmas. The smell of home cooked food filled the house as Friends and family mingled and caught up. The mood was an overall great one and everyone seemed to be having fun. Enough small gifts were lined up around the tree for everyone to take one.

  Even though Krysten hated the holiday time she loved having the ones she loved with her. She loved filling her plate with food and most of all she loved spending time with Jacob. Since the time they had gotten married to now they had celebrated the holiday the same way and they both loved it.

  During the day, they would spend time with family and friends and during the night they would exchange gifts. After that the night would end in passionate love making and deep conversations, but this year was different. Usually the love making had no purpose...they did it because the mood was there and it was out of habbit since they had been doing it for the past few years. This year they wanted to make love so they could have a baby. After seeing the joy that Mya brought into Craig and Shuntell's life it made them want a child of their own.

  Craig and Shuntell decided to skip out on going to Jacob's house for Christmas and have a Christmas of their own. Shuntell cooked a nice sized dinner for the small family while Craig admired his newborn daughter. To him she was everything and she would always be his everything. He would always love shuntell for bringing her into the world.

  I wasn't everyday that I would get to hold her this close and protect her like this. Soon she would grow up and her innocence would fade away. She would become worldly and like us all she would make mistakes...careless or not. She would get hurt and there was a possibility that she would hurt someone but for now I wanted to cherish this moment because I would never get this moment back again.

Krysten's P.O.V

  Somehow I ended up sitting at the table with Jacob's mom and his cousins. For a long time it was silent then his cousin , Heather , started a conversation.

"This egg nog is good." She said taking another sip of it and nodding.

"Thank you. I can't take credit for it though. Your cousin made it because I don't drink egg nog." I said picking up a bottle of mineral water to show that I wasn't drinking egg nog.

"I thought people of your kind drunk egg nog. Don't you mix in a little of that colt 45 stuff?" She said laughing at her own immature joke. When she realized she was the only one laughing she stopped and swirled her straw around the plastic cup.

"Excuse me?" I responded back still trying to wrap my mind around what she had just said to me.

"You heard what I said." She said trying to push my buttons.

"For your information, not all African American people have the same taste buds. Not all African American people drink liquor. Just because you think you know everything you don't. I'm sick of you trying to take blows at me because of something you have experienced. Good day." I said getting up and going outside to calm down.

  She hated me so much and for what ? I wasn't "one of them". She wanted to push my buttons and get the best of me so I could leave but I wasn't having that. I was going to stay by Jacob's side because I had invested too much time and effort into our relationship. It wasn't the best relationship but it was our relationship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and vote please :)