Delivery

Shuntell's P.O.V

I did everything in my power to get my mind off of what was happening. There is nothing worst than hearing that your first born may die. I wouldn't be able to bear it. I would blame myself forever.

The room was completely silent except for the occasional sighs from Craig or the whimpers coming from me. I wanted someone...anyone...to come and end this painful silence and help save our baby. Last I had heard was that they were planning to do a c-section since they needed to get her out right away. Finally the Doctor arrived with nurses and the proper equipment. Time to get this show on the road.

Krysten's P.O.V

I decided to take a walk to a near by starbucks since I hadn't heard anything since Jacob and I arrived. I tugged my coat closer to my body hoping it would bring in extra warmth. I was December...and I despised it. Not only was the weather harsh but people always get overly happy. The malls are always crowded with people trying to get the lastest and greatest for their kids and love oves. Personally I could care less for presents but every year I reluctantly partake in the crowds of people at the mall.

When I walked into Starbucks I was greated with the warm smell of coffee and the soft sound of Jazz playing in the background. I orded a regular coffee and added my cream and sugar to it and then picked a spot in the corner. For it to be late at night the place had it's fare share of college students hovering over laptops and teenagers having heated discussions on politics and things of the sort. Not having anything else to do I pull out my earphones and let the old school rap blast through them.

"This is it (What?!)

Luchini pourin' from the sky

Lets get rich (What?!)

The cheeky vines

The sugar dimes

Cant quit (What?!)

Now pop the cork and steam the vega

And get lit (What?! What?! What?!)"

Luchini by Camp lo was my choice for the night. As I started to get into the song I felt a tap light tap on my shoulder. When I turned I was greated by a tall man. His skin was smooth and the color of cinnamon and this hair was neatly trimmed into a small bush. His teeth were perfection and his hazzle eyes were like the cherry on top of a banana split.

After admiring the mystery man he finally snapped me out of my dreamland.

"Hello, I'm Anthony and I was wondering if it would be ok for me to sit here. The place is pretty full." He said waiting for my answer.

"Sure." I said flashing a quick smile before sitting down. Of all the other things I could have said I chose "sure". After think of possible things I could have said to him I remembered that I was with Jacob and I was staying with Jacob.

"Did you watch the game last Sunday?" He asked trying to make small talk while his laptop loaded.

"Of course!" I lied...I hated football and the only time I did look at it was with Shuntell to see who's ass looks the best in their uniform.

Craig's P.O.V

I looked down at the sleeping bundle of joy that rested in my arms. Mya Imani Crippen had made it into the world. She wad healthy and beautiful. I looked over at Shuntell who was sleeping peacefully. My gaze then switched to Jacob who had came in shortly after Mya was born. He wanted to hold her but not before I did. He told me to take my time with her and don't rush.

When her tiny hand wrapped around my index finger it let me knew that she trusted me. Years from now she would look at me as her superhero because I am her father. It's my job to protect her from this harsh world until its time for her to experience it on her own. It's my job to teach her how a man is supposed to teach her and it's my job to protect her from the dangers of the world.

Her soft skin and slick hair reminded me of the pictures I have saw of her mother when she was born. Come to think of it she looked exactly like her mother. The more I looked at Mya, the more I didn't want to let her go...my daughter is here...in my arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~