Chapter 3

The candles go out. Darkness engulfed the room. I stayed still facing the door knowing that if the Phantom came I would not face him. 'Don't scream be calm. Certainly he would not come after a maid.' I hear the mirror open and small footsteps.

Then I hear a meow? I turn around to see a beautiful siamese cat with short cute legs. "Aw! Hi kitten!" I bend down to the cat and it rubs its head on my hand. "Whats your name little one?" I notice a black collar with roses on it. 'Erik has a cat?' I look at the name tag. "Ayesha." She perks her head up and looks at me. "You're a cute kitten aren't you." I pet her and pick her up to put her on the table. I feel her sides to see if shes skinny. 'Perfectly fine. How does Erik get food? I know from the kitchen but how?' After a while, Scarlett comes in and jumps at the sight of a cat. "What is that doing in here?!" She slowly comes over. "Her name is Ayesha. Shes the Phantoms cat. I think." She shivers. "Weird..." I ignore Scarlett and keep petting her. "How is Carlotta?"

She groans at the mention of her. "Annoying and needy as ever. I dont know why they don't get rid of her." I smile and yawn. "You should get some rest Elise. You seem tired." I shrug. "I'd rather stay up. What time is it anyway?" I turn to look at her. "I'd say its 9:00 at night." My eyes widen. "Holy crap that late?! What have I been doing all day?!" I gasp. "Cleaning. We've cleaned a lot Elise. How could you forget? You're thinking about him aren't you..." I turn back to Ayesha. "Not really. If I meet him I'll probably flip out and he'll kill me... He loves Christine anyway. If only he knew it doesnt work out..."

I sigh and Scarlett hugs me from behind. "Well don't worry about it. Youre a ginger Christine with green eyes. Despite your hair not being that curly." She laughs and I smile. "Night Scar." She walks out. "Night Elise."

After she leaves I listen for any other footsteps. Silence. 'Good I can go sit on stage. So exciting!' I let out a small squeal and pick up Ayesha. "Pretty lil kitty." I walk out the room and onto the stage, as I walk to the stage I hear footsteps. 'Oh no.' I run as quietly as possible, and fail, then try to hide in the darkness. "Ayesha don't move." She squirms a little out of my arms and onto the floor. "Ayesha!" I whisper yell. She happily walks up to what seems like nothing and hisses. "Wretched cat." A deep voice says. 'Oh. My. God. It's Erik! Don't scream don't scream don't scream!' I cover my mouth and dont breathe. Ayesha comes back up to me and meows. 'Im going to die. Right here. Right now.' Ayesha put both paws on my legs and meows again. "I know you are there Mademoiselle Elise." 'OH NO.' I uncover my mouth and pick up Ayesha. "I am very well aware of that Monsieur Phantom." I go to the center of the stage and sit on my knees, petting Ayesha.

"I apologize about Ayesha. She came to me and I will give her back to you if you would like." She makes her way around my neck and purrs. "She seems to have taken a liking to you." I nod and look to where hes standing even though its pitch black. "I would appreciate if you would come where I can see you." I can hear his low, heavy breathing stop. 'Elise what have you done.' He laughs softly. 'That voice. Gets me every time. I hope he cant see blushing.' "You are not afraid of me?" I hesitate. "You can be frightening at times, but in general no." He comes closer without saying a word. I stand up and turn. My face turns extremely red. 'Here I am. With The Phantom of the Opera.' I look up at him. "How long were you standing behind the mirror?" I ask politely. "Long enough to hear you sing." My heart drops to the floor. 'He heard me sing. ME. If he offers you singing lessons deny it. You know you hate singing for people! Hes amazing at singing, how horrible are you going to sound?!' "You heard me... Sing?!" He seems to see no problem with that. "Yes I did. It is very good but needs some work. I would like to offer you singing lessons for the sheer enjoyment of it." 'No no no no. Erik I love you I really do but no.' "That is correct my voice is untrained, but I am afraid there is no point. I sing for the sheer enjoyment of doing so. I am no Prima Donna. Just a maid. You as a creative genius should know." I pick up Ayesha and walk around him. In the blink of an eye he was in front of me. 'HES SO CLOSE.' He smells of roses and parchment paper. 'I knew it.' I backed up and went the other way. He climbs a rope to the catwalk. 'Run.' I held Ayesha close to my chest and ran. 'Why are you running? Because hes gonna kill m-' My thoughts were altered when I tripped on something. A nail out of the floor boards has dug its way into my foot. I wanted to scream in pain, instead I held it in as tears streamed down my face. "Shit!" I whisper yell, not caring whos listening. 'Elise you dumbass. This is so stupid. Im getting dizzy...' Blood pours out of foot and I loose all consciousness.

Darkness once more.

A/N: Im not good at suspense. WHOOPS! Anyways, here what Scar and Elise look like; Elise: A slightly curvy red head with long partially curly hair. Scarlett: Thin, blue eyes, and semi long straight black hair. I know this chapter sucks but bear with me. Would you run if Erik suddenly climbed a rope to the catwalk? I would.  Keep reading my lovelies!