Delton

A/N: Okay, so thank you SO MUCH for all the reviews!! Gosh, you sure know how to make a woman feel special! I'm sorry that the update took so long, it seems that over the last few weeks someone decided I needed a life, since I was constantly asked to do something. But, apparently that was a one time thing, and now that I'm back to not having a life, I can spend more time creating one in my story! xD

Anyways, I hope you like it and feel free to comment and fan! :D

And a special shoutout to pandasatemypocky, thank you for your constant support and being a loyal reader!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cannon is going to kill Luben.

Or, at least throw him out of the car while it was still moving. Making sure to aim for the multiple trees surrounding them. Or better yet, a cliff.

After breakfast, Cannon and Jaylynn decided to go down to Delton today. With Luben tagging along, since Vin hadn’t change his mind about him going with them. Since getting into the car, Luben decided to talk at the speed of light nonstop. Then, because of Cannon’s lack of radio, Luben took it upon himself to fill in the void by singing loudly, and very, very, off key. Jaylynn didn’t seem to mind, and occasionally joined in.

Cannon didn’t share her enthusiasm, Cannon wanted to strangle him.

 Yeah, his alpha was  definitely next, Cannon promised.

“Are we there yet?”

Cannon pinched the bridge of his nose, his face scrunching up in an annoyed scowl as he let out a low growl.

“No.” He gritted out between clenched teeth.

“How would you know? You don’t know where she lives.” Luben said, leaning forward in his seat so he could turn his head to look at Jaylynn. “Are we there yet, Jaylynn?” Luben asked again, this time direction his question to her directly.

Jaylynn smiled, shaking her head in confirmation and amusement. She knew that Cannon was beyond annoyed, and if Luben wasn’t careful, Jaylynn was sure that he was going to snap. Still, Jaylynn loved Luben.

 He seemed to always make it easier for her to smile, and his carefree and childlike wonderment that he looked at the world was refreshing. Jaylynn only wished that she could be that carefree and happy. But she couldn’t, she’s seen too much in the world. She experienced first hand just how cruel and horrible the world could be. She’s seen the darkness in the world.

Luben frowned and sat back, not saying anything else. Cannon sighed in relief, releasing his death grip on the steering wheel.

“I’m hungry, can we get some food?”

Cannon snarled, tightening his grip on the steering wheel, pretending it was Luben’s neck.

Yeah, he was definitely going to kill Luben.

***

Cannon stared at the one story house in front of him, barely able to hold back the growl of anger from his throat.

This is where Jaylynn lived? This is where his mate has slept?

It was a shit hole.

The one story house was in the middle of the woods, the dirt road leading up to it was bumpy with trash outlining it. The paint was once a light blue, but it was so chipped off that you only see the dark gray of the foundation. The windows were a dark brown, the screen ripped and he could see the flies surrounding it. The lawn’s grass was nonexistent, with only weeds to take its place. He could smell the foul odor of booze, rotten food and drugs. That alone, made his entire body shake, taking no notice how the steering wheel bent from under his hands. Jaylynn was never coming back here. Ever.