Chapter 22. Underground

Start from the beginning

Bogo didn't notice that the fan he has on his desk had accidentally blown open the file to a page that read. 'The facility was later bought by an anonymous mammal, and had requested the papers be mailed to him so his identity wouldn't be compromised. The papers later came back signed with two initials. J.H. ...' as Bogo turned, the fan blew more pages on top of it, and failed to see that page, but closed the file completely and set it underneath some other files that were more important.

When it was half past five, they made their way towards the falls, and suddenly heard a voice in their coms as they approached their car.
"I will meet both of you there, do not enter the facility without me." It was White! And he sounded as if he was worried about something.
"White! Don't do that! You startled both me and Nick!" Judy said loudly as they got inside, and drove.
"Sorry, guess I should've warned you about talking in an intense situation." He replied as he began to grab two Katana's and sheathed them on his back, and two Glocks with extended clips, placing them in his shoulder holsters.
"Why don't you want us to enter without you?" Nick asked as he check his ammo.
"If that is where Jeremiah is hiding, then my former brother, Black, will be there too. He is the 'kill on sight, assassin-for-hire', and 'messenger' kind." White replied as he opened the car door to his heavy-duty vehicle, and got inside. The door swung upwards, then outwards of his vehicle. The car is a Tomahawk Vision GT. Very expensive vehicle that had a very powerful engine, but he upgraded it to where it can outrun a helicopter flying at full speed, and put heavy duty yet light weight, bullet proof armor on the doors, windows, back and hood. He built it to where it can withstand an RPG launcher, and mines in case he ran over any. Both Nick and Judy looked at each other for just a moment.
"Is Black a lot like you?" Judy asked as she put her hand on her neck.
"He should be, we both trained under the same master and got the same armor, but he was pretty upset that he got chosen to be the 'Shadow' to me." White replied as he turned on the engine to his Tomahawk GT, which roared to life.
"Wait! Both of you trained together, and received armor?" Nick shouted over their coms.
"Yes. We both were. That is, until he betrayed us and killed him and two of my brothers, and influenced two others to join him. I asked him why he did this, but he replied with 'let's just say that I have found a better, wiser, and stronger power than our former master.' I was disappointed with him. He was my brother and friend, but he is now only an enemy of this city.....and to me." White explained as he shifted gears, and floored it with the squealing of tires over the coms, which hurt their ears. It hurt Judy's ears worse, because hers were more sensitive to sound. "Don't enter that facility without me, please. I can't lose anyone else." White said as he kept tears forming in his eyes. They looked at each other again, this time they knew what each other was thinking. "I've lost too many friends to him, I cannot lose you two." White added grimly before silencing the coms and proceeded towards the falls.
"What do you think he meant by 'I've lost too many friends, I cannot lose you two', Nick?" She asked as they just hit the dirt road towards 'Misty Falls'.
"I don't know, carrots. But I think he considers us as his friends, or at least allies." He replied as he contacted their swat teams. "Bravo? Delta? Secure line?" Nick asked over their talkies.
"Line Secure, sir." both replied at almost the same time.
"We need both of you to wait until either of us give the signal, or if you don't hear from us in the next five hours." Nick said as he check both his and her flashlights batteries.
"Yes sir! We will be ready and waiting for your signal." They replied as they checked their gear and weapons, in case the signal came earlier than expected.
"Why so steep in hours, Nick?" Judy asked as she looked at him for just a moment.
"It gives us some extra time, and if Jeremiah is there we can just call them in." He replied, staring straight ahead. She had that feeling again, like something was wrong with Nick, but thought it was just because they were tired from the eventful week they had.

It was almost 15 minutes before they made it to the falls, and was about 6 at night. The sun had gone down and they had put their car in park, ten yards away from the bridge that stretched across the falls, and on the other side of the roadblock. When they got out, it was very misty because it was winters eve, making the mist cold and thick.
"It's a little chilly, don't you think, Nick?" she whispered to him as they started walking towards the bridge.
"Yeah, it is pretty cold out I guess." He replied as he placed his hand on his weapon. He felt uneasy about this place, nothing was in sight, and not a sound except for the falls rolling over the rocks and falling at least 100 feet until crashing into the water, that flowed through the river. "I can't see anything, this mist is so thick." He whispered as they walked towards the part of the bridge they could see, but couldn't see the where it ended or the other side. Suddenly, they heard the faint sound of something that had landed behind them, and the sound of metal scraping the gravel.
"Nick?" she whispered.
"I heard." He replied as they turned weapons drawn in the direction! Then noticed the outline of a creature moving towards them! They couldn't make out who it was, but all they saw was a large shadow walking towards them and it looked as if it had a sword, or something long that he carried in his left hand!