Till Death Do Us Part

A/N  Hey, this a Colton/Iris fanfic for Expiration Date by Mikaela Bender. If you don't like it, don't read it. This is based off of the idea that Jonas dies in chapter 46, so if you haven't read to there, then go and read it. Any information that we get after that chapter doesn't apply in this fanfic. Hope you enjoy!

Alys

-----------------------

      "Mommy! Mommy!" My daughter, Brin, screams as she jumps on my bed. "Get up, get up! It's Mother's Day! I helped Daddy and Ben make you breakfast in bed!"

      "Okay, okay! I'm up!" I tell her, sitting up. "Better get off the bed though, or the tickle monster will get you!" I tease her, and she quickly jumps off the bed, her 4 year old body running screaming out of the room.

     "Oh, no! Not the tickle monster!" My husband Colton says from the door frame, a tray full of food in his hands. "Sorry if anything is burnt, it's Brinley and Bentley's fault." He walks over and gives me a quick kiss, before setting the tray down on my lap. "Happy Mother's day, my love."

      "Thanks." I say, looking up at him. "Want to join me? You guys prepared enough to feed the whole Society!"

      "Well, that's the benefit of being Preeminence, isn't it?" He replies. "And of course I'll join you Iris. Just remember that we have a lunch with my parents at noon, so we have to be ready by then." I slide over so that he can get in the bed, and he slips next to me under the covers. Taking our time, we enjoy the meal that he mainly made, with a little help from the twins.

      "So, what all did Brin and Ben do to help?" I ask as we finish up the tray, okay, as I finish up the tray, I've been hungry lately due to me being 8 weeks pregnant, but Colton doesn't know that.

      "Well, they stood there and watched, and the put the eggs and bacon on the tray." He jokes. "How hungry were you? Do I need to go butcher another farm?"

      I swat his arm away, "No silly, I just have a surprise for you, but I'll tell everyone at lunch." Getting out of out bed, I ask jokingly, "Does it being Mother's Day mean I don't have to do the dishes?"

     "Of course you don't have to do dishes," He replies with a grin on his face, "You never have to do dishes, yet another benefit of marrying the dashing creature that is me."

      "You silly goose, you know I didn't marry you for the lack of chores."

      "So what did you marry me for then, hmm?" He says, his eyes dancing with laughter.

      "Well, it definitely wasn't for the looks or brains." I tease him.

      "Hey!" He says, pretending to be offended. "You like my looks just fine! And I clearly have a brain, I run the country!"

      "You don't need brains to run a country, you're proof of that!" I say, lightly swatting the top of his head. "But in all seriousness, we need to start getting ready, you know how long Brin will take to pick out her dress. I'll take Ben."

      "Why do I always have to take her? Why can't you deal with her?" He says, mock pouting.

      "Because, honey, Brin listens to you more than she listens to me. Plus, you don't get to spend as much time with her as you do with Ben."

      "Fine, but you give her a bath tonight before bed." Colton negotiates.

      "Deal." I tell him, walking over to help Ben get ready.

------------------------------------

At Lunch

------------------------------------

      "I have an announcement to make." I say, rising up from my chair. "Now, this is a surprise for everyone, including Colton."

       "Just get it over with!" My hubby sighs, "You've been torturing me with this all day."

      "Okay, okay honey." I tell him, wanting to draw it out a little bit just to prolong the anticipation. "Well, by this time next year, our little family of four will have grown to a family of five."

     "So, we're finally getting a puppy?" Brin sequels excitedly.

      "No silly," Colton tells her with a huge smile on his face. "Mommy's going to have a baby! You are going to have a little brother or sister." He makes his way over to me, and gives me a back-breaking hug.

      "Careful there, don't want to break your wife or the baby," His mother says, stealing a hug after Colton is done. "Congratulations, dear. I know that you and Colton will love this child just as much as you do Brinley and Ben."

     "Well, I don't really know what to say, so I'm just going to say, ditto." Her husband says, his eyes tearing up. "Congrats

     "Wow, never thought I'd see the day you were speechless dad." Colton teases. "But in all seriousness, this couldn't be a better Mother's Day."