Did her words really hurt his feelings? Was she being too cold and distant with him?

Shaking her head she hard the engine of a car she could only guess to be him peeling off into the night. Rosalinda didn't want to think about the tugging sensation she felt in her heart, instead she thought about her up coming first day of school.

School was something she couldn't wait for. To start fresh and learn new things everyday; school for her was like a second home. Rosalinda already knew she will most likely spend most of her day in the school library. She was thinking about going into work study; maybe if she got a job at the school during the semester it would benefit her more than working at the restaurant.

*
The next morning Rosalinda arrived at work and began serving people their afternoon brunch.

As she headed into the kitchen she saw a group of her coworkers huddled up by the small tv. Wondering as to what could be so important Rosalinda went to go investigate.

"Breaking news Leon Wyatt famous billionaire and entrepreneur is officially engaged to model Marsha Benton." The anchor woman happily announced.

And truth be told the couple appeared on screen. Leon looked serious while Marsha clutched onto his arm like a leech.

"The wedding will be announced very soon." Marsha squealed.

Rosalinda shook her head. "All men are the same." As she walked back out with hot plates of food in her hands.

Sherry intervened and have her a look of sympathy. "Sis I'm sorry, if I ever see him I'm throwing a brick at his head."

Rosalinda laughed. "It's ok I'm just glad this time I wasn't knee deep in a relationship with a man I didn't know."

Sherry gave her a sad smile and left her alone.

After work she went to the cafe and got her usual piece of cake and waited for the bus. She was getting a call from a random number and picked up the phone.

"Hello?" She timidly asked.

"It all a lie." A very familiar voice sounded at the end of the line.

"Doesn't seem so." Rosalinda said as she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand.

She heard him sigh loudly. "You're not going to believe me are you?"

Should she? It all seemed pretty legit on tv at work during brunch. "Why should I? How are you going to prove to me it's all make believe?"

He grunted in annoyance. "Do you really think I would go back to Marsha when I've been practically stalking you."

He did have a point there. Rosalinda bit her lip as she thought about what to say next.

"How did coming back from South America, result in an engagement? Please explain that?" Rosalinda threw it in his face, as much as she said that she believed him, a large piece of her was angry and jealous at the model.

But the sad part was, Marsha had him first so there was no reason for her to feel anything at all.

"I'm telling you it's not true, it's all for the media."

The media? What about her? Did he think she was going to be ok with it all and pretend that Marsha was nothing but a gust of wind? Annoyed Rosalinda let out an aggravated breath.

"I'm not going to tell you want to do. Do what you must Leon." With that she hung up the phone.

*
The next morning Rosalinda walked into work only to have the place filled with people and cameras. Not wanting to be part of any of whatever was going on she went to clock in to begin her shift.