Chapter 70

You hopped upwards on the branches in the Holy Tree, trying to reach your blue friend at the top of tall tree. Antoine was climbing behind or below you, being very cautious about his footing. However, you simply jumped from one branch to the next never stopping as the ground got further and further away. Bunnie, Amy, Rotor, and Sally were tailing Metal, trying to slow him down as you warned Sonic. The Blue Blur was the only one capable of taking Metal Sonic, especially now that the robot was powered by the infinite energy stored in the Chaos Emerald.

You started hearing sounds of clanking metal from above, meaning that you were close to your fellow freedom fighter. Antoine was quite a ways below, unable to keep up to your climbing skills. You had been practicing since a very young age; you were practically a pro. It would be a while before the coyote would reach your height, but you didn't have enough time to wait around for him to catch up. Metal was an unstoppable force at the moment, meaning there was no time to waste.

You popped your head out of the leaves to see Axel and Sonic, facing head to head in combat a little ways behind you. The buffalo had ditched his vehicle, mostly because it only remained as a smoking pile of metal. You jumped out of the tree, and you ran towards the fight. With weapon in your hand, you charged at Axel, whom had his back away from you. Deciding to make a grand entrance, you jumped onto the Egg Boss' shoulders, surprising the enemy. Covering his eyes with your hands and avoiding the Buffalo's attempts to grab you, you looked up at the hedgehog, and nodded your head. Understanding, Sonic spin-dashed into Axel's stomach, causing the villain to tumble to the ground.

You had jumped right as Sonic made contact with the very tall male. As you landed on sturdy ground, Sonic ran over to you and gave you a high-five. Axel laid on the ground grunting, but you knew it would take a lot more than a hit to the chest to knock the buffalo down.

"Thanks for the back-up, (Y/N)," Sonic said with a confident smirk as he turned back to his opponent, "but I can take it by myself. This guy is nothing compared to my skills, haha."

"We know, but that's not why I came," you responded, grabbing the hedgehog's attention again. "Metal Sonic is here, and he's being powered by the Chaos Emerald. Of course, he wants to use all that energy on you; he's coming this way as we speak."

"FINALLY!!!" Sonic exclaimed as he lifted a fist into the air. "A real match!! So, where is the metal faker?! I'm ready to kick some robo butt!!"

Just as the hedgehog finished his sentence, a flash of shiny Blue passed right before your eyes. It was so fast, that a mere blink of the eye, and you would've missed it. Small sparks of fire popped in the air near your face, making you fan the area around you with your hand. Even if it clocked in at speeds over the sound barrier, it miraculously stopped right in front of you and Sonic, hovering in the sky with dark red eyes. This definitely wasn't the normal Metal Sonic you had heard about; he looked much more different with the Chaos Emerald in his possession.

His spines were much more profound, reflecting moonlight off their long edges. Thick lines of very light blue followed their curve, as well as colored the spikes on each side of the machine's muzzle. It's claws were much sharper than you believed, seeming like even a pet would draw blood. As well as armored legs and arms, Metal Sonic also wore a black, spiked belt that connected to a nightmare cloak to match his large shoulder pads. To top everything off, the middle of the chest appeared the exact same with one small difference: a small glow of a Chaos Emerald generated a strong sense of power in his core. His malevolent structure sent shivers down you spine, but you didn't show it on the outside. Instead, you stood your ground beside Sonic, whom was slack-jawed at the sight of his metallic self.

"This...is...AWESOME!!!!" Sonic pronounced quickly before getting into a running position, heading down the tree. "This'll be quick, (Y/N), or my name isn't Sonic the Hedgehog."