eleven

Quiero coger tu corazón con ambas manos
//

Calvin sat patiently- as patiently as he could manage, that is- while the tall man in the white coat talked to the receptionist who didn't seem interested in what he was speaking about. To Calvin, it meant his whole future. Every single day after now would determine how how days were spent and how he would act, what he would say and do. He hadn't spoken to Niall about where he was going, he couldn't, actually. He wouldn't say why he had suddenly ran out the door with his keys dangling in his hands while his boyfriend and his best friend were just about to walk together to the beach. Niall must have know- at least a little bit- that Calvin was rushing, since he didn't question if if he wanted to go to the beach or get coffee sometime that day. Calvin was internally grateful for the short-ish conversation him and his boyfriend shared, as much as it pained both the blond and brunette that they couldn't hold a conversation for more than five minutes. Calvin was already late and had enough weight pushing him down to be concerned about one conversation, though. 

Once he had gotten to the tall building that he always contemplated jumping down from, the receptionist gave him yet another dirty look and called in the doctor who gave him a warm smile. 

When you're a male, you tend to not get ultrasounds. In Calvin's case, he had been used to this. However, it was out of surprise since the doctor had been concerned about the boy's decreasing health. With how much times Calvin had stopped to take a deep breath and grab his lower stomach since it stung, he decided on this activity before going any further into the appointment. He almost, almost  refused, but the concerned look on his doctor's face told him to stay silent. So he did. 

Now he's waiting. He is an adult, but the doctor wanted to make sure of "something" as he wandered off leaving Calvin to sit alone again while waiting. Through the see through windows he could see the two people speaking until the receptionist taps his fingers on the counter and nods. Then the doctor is off, Calvin turning back around and sitting with his hands folded in his lap. It has been twenty minutes and he already wants to break down entirely. He knew this appointment was going to suck, but not to the point where your doctor had to convince the receptionist to get a higher placed medical professional to come back early from his break. 

"So the issue dealing with your abdomen isn't much to worry about. I'm going to prescribe you some antibiotics though to treat the small infection that seems to be staying in one specific area. If it happens to get worse than you'll have to come in more frequently in order for us to run a few more efficient tests and see what the issue seems to be. As for the disease itself, we found in previous tests from a few days ago have been perceived as overall becoming worse. I talked to the receptionist about calling in one of my friends to talk to you about it. According to what I found out the blood track is worse than before, there's a very low supply of blood-" 

Calvin had tuned him out after that, he didn't want to listen to how quickly he was dying. He had already hurt about that during the first time he ever had tests ran for him. That was enough for him, hearing it about four or five more times isn't his cup of tea. He already has the aching pain in his chest to remind him about his condition, too, he didn't want anybody- not even a medical professional like the doctor himself- to tell him what's happening and what he should do. He doesn't want anyone telling him what to do.

"We'll need to have you back in here the next time you're free. Is there a day that you know of that we could schedule another appointment?" 

"I- I mean. I wanted to spend time with my b-" He pauses, both of them knowing what Calvin was going to say. 

"I understand, but this is extremely important, you know that," the other man says. He smooths out his shirt before looking back at his patient. Calvin sighs loudly and nods, he does understand. But he hadn't been with Niall officially for what seemed like weeks. "What about Thursday? I don't have work or anything then," Calvin suggests. The doctor nods, smiling slightly as he writes the date on his piece of paper that's held by a black clipboard. He leans against his desk, making sure not to hit the two small stacks of paper laying across it.