eight

¿quién va a amarte como yo ?
//

Calvin woke up with the sun shining through the window.

It came to him that this isn't his bed and Niall's arm is still around his waist. He smiles to himself, turning around to look at Niall. His face is now gently touching just above Calvin's stomach. He giggled again while looking at his cute posture.

Sadly, all good things come to an end and Calvin moves out of Niall's grip.

He leans down to kiss Niall, but the stupid alarm on his phone stops him. "Shit," he mutters before picking up his phone and turning off the alarm. Luckily Niall didn't wake up, he had just moved a bit.

He had forgot to wake up earlier to take his daily medication. It's not like he would be able to get it while being at Niall's house anyway, but still.

He quickly puts on his jeans, completely forgetting that he was wearing Niall's shirt instead of his own hoodie. Calvin puts his phone into his pocket, and leaves Niall's house.

The pain already started to climb up to him. He was practically crying by the time he got his water and swallows the two pills. He sits at the counter, holding his face in his hands and trying to catch his breath.

Calvin would have adored to just stay cuddling with Niall until he had to get up for work. Or they could have actually gone out together for coffee or maybe even for an actual breakfast. Sadly, things like that just don't come so easily.

He doesn't realize he's crying until the ugly tears are rolling down his palms and arms.

Calvin's chest felt as if it was on fire. It ached and stung and burned and made him feel weaker than he had felt before. Of course, the day after Niall and him officially started dating and he spent the night in the same bed as Niall as well. Why out of all days he felt the worst today?

The knock at the door alerts him. He almost doesn't want to get up and just continue wallowing in his self pity, but he is almost certain that it's Niall so he forces himself up from the seat at the counter and trudged to the door. And just like he thought, the tall blond boy is standing outside his door with none other than Calvin's signature black hoodie slung over his arm.

"Hey, you left your hoodie," Niall says with an obviously forced smile and hands Calvin his jacket. Calvin mumbles out a thanks and takes his hoodie back from Niall's grasp. He looks down at his body, seeing that he did take Niall's shirt instead of his own previous clothes.

"We should really get each other's numbers, like even though we live next to each other and all," Niall says. He looks down at his hands which were visibly shaking. Calvin doesn't understand why he's so embarrassed. 

"Sure, of course. Come inside," Calvin says and motions for his boyfriend (he hasn't gotten used to the phrase at all) to come through the doorway. Niall awkwardly steps in and closes the door. Calvin is getting his phone, tapping the screen a few times before lending it to Niall who then puts in his number. He hands it back to Calvin when he's finished.

"You just put your name? I thought it'd be something sappy," Calvin says. Niall almost frowns when he sees the blank expression appear again.

"Like what?"

"Something like baby or babe with a few stupid emojis."

"We're not one of those kinds of couples," Niall comments.

Calvin hums. "We have only been dating for like, a day. You never know. Plus you just seem like that kind of boyfriend, or just guy in general, to do that."